- Interest in online supports and brief self-help interventions among young adult cannabis users. Drugs: Educations, Prevention & Policy.
- Hodgins, D.C., Budd, M., Czukar, G., Dubreucq, S., Jackson, L.A., Rush, B., Quilty, L., Adams, D., Wild, C. (in press). Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in Canadian Psychosocial Addiction Programs: A National Survey of Policy, Attitudes, and Practice. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry.
- Cannabis norm perceptions among Canadian university students. Addict Behav. 112:106567.
- Wild, T.C., Hammal, F., Hancock, M., Bartlett, N.B., Kaiser Gladwin, K., Adams, D., Loverock, A., Hodgins, D.C. (2021). Forty-eight years of research on psychosocial interventions in the treatment of opioid use disorder: A scoping review. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 218.
- Kim, H.S., Hodgins, D.C., Kim, B.T. & Wild, T. C. (2020). Transdiagnostic or disorder specific? Indicators of substance and behavioral addictions nominated by people with lived experience. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 9, 334-349. doi:10.3390/jcm9020334.
- Hyshka, E., Anderson-Baron, J., Pugh, A., Belle-Isle, L., Hathaway, A., Pauly, B., . . . Wild, T. (2019). Principles, practice, and policy vacuums: Policy actor views on provincial/territorial harm reduction policy in Canada. International Journal of Drug Policy. 71, 142-149.
- Jutras-Aswad, D., Le Foll, B., Bruneau, J., Wild, T., Wood, E., & Fischer, B. (2019). Thinking Beyond Legalization: The Case for Expanding Evidence-Based Options for Cannabis Use Disorder Treatment in Canada. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. Revue Canadienne De Psychiatrie. 64(2), 82-87.
- McGetrick JA, Raine KD, Wild TC, Nykiforuk CIJ. (2019). Advancing Strategies for Agenda Setting by Health Policy Coalitions: A Network Analysis of the Canadian Chronic Disease Prevention Survey. Health Commun. 34(11), 1303-1312.
- Wild, C., Kozie, J., Anderson-Barron, J., Hathaway, J., McCurdy, A., Xu, X., . . . Hyshka, E. (2019). Media coverage of harm reduction, 2000-2016: A content analysis of tone, topics, and interventions in Canadian print news. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 205, 107599.
- Yakovenko, I., Hyshka, E., Tyrrell, L., & Wild, T. (2019). Willingness to participate in hepatitis C vaccine trials among socially marginalized people who use drugs. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 101, 67-71.
- Bruneau, J., Ahamad, K., Goyer, M., Poulin, G., Selby, P., Fischer, B., Wild, T.C., & Wood, E. (2018). Management of opioid use disorders: Clinical practice guideline synopsis. Canadian Medical Association Journal. 190(9), E247-E257.
- Lafferty, L., Rance, J., Wild, T.C., & Treolar, C. (2018). A policy analysis exploring hepatitis C risk, prevention, testing and treatment, and reinfection within Australia’s prisons. Harm Reduction Journal, 15(1), 39.
- Newton, A.S., Mushquash, C., Krank, M., Wild, T.C., Dyson, M., Hartling, L., & Stewart, S.H. (2018). When and how do brief alcohol interventions in primary care reduce alcohol use and alcohol-related consequences among adolescents? Journal of Pediatrics. 197, 221-232.
- Hyshka E., Anderson J.T., Wild T.C. (2017). Perceived unmet need and barriers to care amongst street-involved people who use illicit drugs. Drug and Alcohol Review. 36(3), 295-304.
- Hyshka, E., Anderson-Baron,J., Karekezi, K., Belle-Isle, L., Elliott, R., Pauly, B., Strike, C., Asbridge, M., Dell, C., McBride, K., Hathaway, A., & Wild, T.C. (2017). Harm reduction in name but not substance: A comparative analysis of Canadian provincial and territorial policy frameworks. Harm Reduction Journal, 14,50.
- Hyshka, E., Karekezi, K., Tan, B., Slater, L.G., Jahrig, J., & Wild, T.C. (2017). The role of consumer perspectives in estimating population need for substance use services: A scoping review. BMC Health Services Research, 36(3),295-304.
- Konkolÿ Thege B, Horwood L, Slater L, Tan MC, Hodgins DC, Wild TC. (2017). Relationship between interpersonal trauma exposure and addictive behaviors: a systematic review. BMC Psychiatry. 17(1),164.
- Montreuil A, MacDonald M, Asbridge M, Wild TC, Hammond D, Manske S, Rutherford E. (2017). Prevalence and correlates of electronic cigarette use among Canadian students: cross-sectional findings from the 2014/15 Canadian Student Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Survey. CMAJ Open. 5(2),E460-E467.
- Newton, A.S., Dow, N., Dong, K., Rosychuk, R.J., Pitzpatrick, E., Wild, T.C., Johnson, D.W., Ali, S., & Colman, I. (2017). A randomized controlled pilot trial evaluating feasibility and acceptability of a computer-based tool to identify and reduce harmful and hazardous drinking among adolescents with alcohol-related presentations in Canadian pediatric emergency departments. BMJ Open, 7:e015423.
- Wild, T., Pauly, B., Belle-Isle, L., Cavalieri, W., Elliott, R., Strike, C., Tupper, K., Hathaway, A., Dell, C., MacPherson, D., Sinclair, C., Karekezi, K., Tan, B., Hyshka, E. (2017) Canadian Harm Reduction Policies: A Comparative Content Analysis of Provincial and Territorial Documents, 2000-2015”. International Journal of Drug Policy. 45, 9-17.
- Colman I, Kingsbury M, Garad Y, Zeng Y, Naicker K, Patten S, Jones PB, Wild TC, Thompson AH. (2016). Consistency in adult reporting of adverse childhood experiences. Psychol Med. 46(3),543-9.
- Hammal F, Wild TC, Finegan BA. (2016). Knowledge About the Waterpipe (Hookah), a Qualitative Assessment Among Community Workers in a Major Urban Center in Canada. J Community Health. 41(4),689-96.
- Hammal F, Wild TC, Nykiforuk C, Abdullahi K, Mussie D, Finegan BA. (2016). Waterpipe (Hookah) Smoking Among Youth and Women in Canada is New, not Traditional. Nicotine Tob Res. 18(5),757-62.
- Konkoly-Thege, B, Hodgins, D.C. & Wild, T. C. (2016). Co-occurring substance-related and behavioral addiction problems: A person-centered, lay epidemiology approach. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 5(4).
- Newton, A.S., & Wild, T.C. (2016). Is it time to define minimally clinically important differences for patient-reported outcome measures used in alcohol brief intervention studies? Addiction. 111,1528-1529.
- Patten SB, Wilkes TC, Williams JV, Lavorato DH, El-Guebaly N, Wild TC, Colman I, Bulloch AG. (2016). Childhood adversity and subsequent mental health status in adulthood: screening for associations using two linked surveys. Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci. 25(2),160-70.
- Salvalaggio, G., Dong, K.A., Hyshka, E., Nixon, L., Lavergne, K., Nicol, J., Louis, M., Lockerbie, S., Bristowe, M., Leske, J., Rosychuk, R.J., Mrklas, K., Surood, S., & Wild, T.C. (2016). Enhanced multidisciplinary care for inner city patients with high acute care use: Study protocol. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 7(3),34-41.
- Wild, T.C., Yuan, Y., Rush, B., & Urbanoski, K. (2016). Client engagement in legally mandated addiction treatment: A prospective study using self-determination theory. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 69,35-43.
- Konkolÿ Thege B, Colman I, el-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC, Patten SB, Schopflocher D, Wolfe J, Wild TC. (2015). Social judgments of behavioral versus substance-related addictions: a population-based study. Addict Behav. 42,24-31.
- Wickham ME, Senthilselvan A, Wild TC, Hoglund WL, Colman I. (2015). Maternal depressive symptoms during childhood and risky adolescent health behaviors. Pediatrics. 135(1), 59-67.
- Hammal F, Ezekowitz JA, Norris CM, Wild TC, Finegan BA; APPROACH Investigators. (2014). Smoking status and survival: impact on mortality of continuing to smoke one year after the angiographic diagnosis of coronary artery disease, a prospective cohort study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 14, 133.
- Raine KD, Nykiforuk CI, Vu-Nguyen K, Nieuwendyk LM, VanSpronsen E, Reed S, Wild TC. (2014). Understanding key influencers’ attitudes and beliefs about healthy public policy change for obesity prevention. Obesity. 22(11), 2426-33.
- Colman I, Garad Y, Zeng Y, Naicker K, Weeks M, Patten SB, Jones PB, Thompson AH, Wild TC. (2013). Stress and development of depression and heavy drinking in adulthood: moderating effects of childhood trauma. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 48(2), 265-74.
- Currie CL, Wild TC, Schopflocher DP, Laing L, Veugelers P, Parlee B. (2013). Racial discrimination, post traumatic stress, and gambling problems among urban Aboriginal adults in Canada. J Gambl Stud. 29(3), 393-415.
- Currie, C.L., Wild, T.C., Schopflocher, D.P., Laing, L., Veugelers, P. (2013). Illicit and prescription drug problems among urban Aboriginal adults in Canada: the role of traditional culture in protection and resilience. Social Science & Medicine. 88, 1-9.
- Hyshka E, Bubela T, Wild TC. (2013). Prospects for scaling-up supervised injection facilities in Canada: the role of evidence in legal and political decision-making. Addiction. 108(3), 468-76.
- Kenaszchuk C, Wild TC, Rush BR, Urbanoski K. (2013). Rasch model of the GAIN substance problem scale among Canadian adults seeking residential and outpatient addiction treatment. Addict Behav. 38(7), 2279-87.
- Mabood N, Ali S, Dong KA, Wild TC, Newton AS. (2013). Experiences of pediatric emergency physicians in providing alcohol-related care to adolescents in the emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(12), 1260-5.
- Minaker LM, Raine KD, Wild TC, Nykiforuk CI, Thompson ME, Frank LD. (2013). Objective food environments and health outcomes. Am J Prev Med. 45(3):289-96.
- Newton AS, Dong K, Mabood N, Ata N, Ali S, Gokiert R, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2013). Brief emergency department interventions for youth who use alcohol and other drugs: a systematic review. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(5), 673-84.
- North CR, Wild TC, Zwaigenbaum L, Colman I. (2013). Early neurodevelopment and self-reported adolescent symptoms of depression and anxiety in a National Canadian Cohort Study. PLoS One. 8(2), e56804.
- Salvalaggio G, Dong K, Vandenberghe C, Kirkland S, Mramor K, Brown T, Taylor M, McKim R, Cummings GG, Wild TC. (2013). Enhancing screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment among socioeconomically disadvantaged patients: study protocol for a knowledge exchange intervention involving patients and physicians. BMC Health Serv Res. 13, 108.
- Vanderhoek AJ, Hammal F, Chappell A, Wild TC, Raupach T, Finegan BA. (2013). Future physicians and tobacco: an online survey of the habits, beliefs and knowledge base of medical students at a Canadian University. Tob Induc Dis. 11(1), 9.
- Cunningham JA, Neighbors C, Wild TC, Humphreys K. (2012). Normative misperceptions about alcohol use in a general population sample of problem drinkers from a large metropolitan city. Alcohol Alcohol. 47(1), 63-6.
- Currie CL, Wild TC. (2012). Adolescent use of prescription drugs to get high in Canada. Can J Psychiatry. 57(12):745-51.
- Martin LJ, Houston S, Yasui Y, Wild TC, Saunders LD. (2012). Poorer physical health-related quality of life among Aboriginals and injection drug users treated with highly active antiretroviral therapy. Can J Public Health. 104(1), e33-8.
- Sachs R, Wild TC, Thomas L, Hammal F, Finegan BA. (2012).Smoking cessation interventions in the pre-admission clinic: assessing two approaches. Can J Anaesth. 59(7), 662-9.
- Urbanoski KA, Wild TC. (2012). Assessing self-determined motivation for addiction treatment: validity of the Treatment Entry Questionnaire. J Subst Abuse Treat. 43(1), 70-9.
- Arbeau KJ, Kuiken D, Wild TC. (2011). Drinking to enhance and to cope: A daily process study of motive specificity. Addict Behav. 36(12), 1174-83.
- Currie CL, Wild TC, Schopflocher DP, Laing L, Veugelers PJ, Parlee B, McKennitt DW. (2011). Enculturation and alcohol use problems among aboriginal university students. Can J Psychiatry. 56(12), 735-42.
- Currie CL, Schopflocher DP, Wild TC. (2011). Prevalence and correlates of 12-month prescription drug misuse in Alberta. Can J Psychiatry. 56(1) ,27-34.
- Newton AS, Gokiert R, Mabood N, Ata N, Dong K, Ali S, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2011). Instruments to detect alcohol and other drug misuse in the emergency department: a systematic review. Pediatrics. 128(1), e180-92.
- Burstyn I, Jonasi L, Wild TC. (2010). Obtaining compliance with occupational health and safety regulations: a multilevel study using self-determination theory. Int J Environ Health Res. 20(4), 271-87.
- Joyce AS, Adair CE, Wild TC, McDougall GM, Gordon A, Costigan N, Pasmeny G. (2010). Continuity of care: validation of a self-report measure to assess client perceptions of mental health service delivery. Community Ment Health J. 46(2), 192-208.
- Martin LJ, Houston S, Yasui Y, Wild TC, Saunders LD. (2010). Rates of initial virological suppression and subsequent virological failure after initiating highly active antiretroviral therapy: the impact of aboriginal ethnicity and injection drug use. Curr HIV Res. 8(8), 649-58.
- Raine KD, Plotnikoff R, Nykiforuk C, Deegan H, Hemphill E, Storey K, Schopflocher D, Veugelers P, Wild TC, Ohinmaa A. (2010). Reflections on community-based population health intervention and evaluation for obesity and chronic disease prevention: the Healthy Alberta Communities project. Int J Public Health. 55(6), 679-86. doi: 10.1007/s00038-010-0187-7.
- Burstyn I, Kapur N, Shalapay C, Bamforth F, Wild TC, Liu J, LeGatt D. (2009). Evaluation of the accuracy of self-reported smoking in pregnancy when the biomarker level in an active smoker is uncertain. Nicotine Tob Res. 11(6), 670-8.
- Wang F, Wild TC, Kipp W, Kuhle S, Veugelers PJ. (2009). The influence of childhood obesity on the development of self-esteem. Health Rep. 20(2), 21-7.
- Plotnikoff RC, Lippke S, Prodaniuk T, Wild TC, Barrett JE. (2007). Demographic, health, and behavioral factors associated with smoking in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Am J Health Behav. 31(1), 13-23.
- Urbanoski KA, Rush BR, Wild TC, Bassani DG, Castel S. (2007). Use of mental health care services by Canadians with co-occurring substance dependence and mental disorders. Psychiatr Serv. 58(7), 962-9.
- Wild TC, Cunningham JA, Roberts AB. (2007). Controlled study of brief personalized assessment-feedback for drinkers interested in self-help. Addiction. 102(2), 241-50.
- Wozniak L, Prakash M, Taylor M, Wild TC. (2007). Everybody’s got it, but…: situational and strategic participation in normalized HCV discourse among injection drug users in Edmonton, Canada. Int J Drug Policy. 18(5), 388-96.
- Westmaas JL, Ferrence R, Wild TC. (2006). Autonomy (vs. sociotropy) and depressive symptoms in quitting smoking: evidence for trait-congruence and the role of gender. Addict Behav. 31(10), 1744-60.
- Wild TC, Cunningham JA, Ryan RM. (2006). Social pressure, coercion, and client engagement at treatment entry: a self-determination theory perspective. Addict Behav. 31(10), 1858-72.
- Wild TC. (2006). Social control and coercion in addiction treatment: towards evidence-based policy and practice. Addiction. 101(1), 40-9.
2005 and earlier
- Adair CE, McDougall GM, Mitton CR, Joyce AS, Wild TC, Gordon A, Costigan N, Kowalsky L, Pasmeny G, Beckie A. (2005). Continuity of care and health outcomes among persons with severe mental illness. Psychiatr Serv. 56(9), 1061-9.
- Leri F, Stewart J, Fischer B, Jürgen R, Marsh DC, Brissette S, Bruneau J, El-Guebaly N, Noël L, Tyndall MW, Wild TC. (2005). Patterns of opioid and cocaine co-use: a descriptive study in a Canadian sample of untreated opioid-dependent individuals. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol. 13(4), 303-10.
- Wild TC, el-Guebaly N, Fischer B, Brissette S, Brochu S, Bruneau J, Noël L, Rehm J, Tyndall M, Mun P. (2005). Comorbid depression among untreated illicit opiate users: results from a multisite Canadian study. Can J Psychiatry. 50(9), 512-8.
- Wild TC, Roberts AB, Cunningham J, Schopflocher D, Pazderka-Robinson H. (2004). Alcohol problems and interest in self-help: a population study of Alberta adults. Can J Public Health. 95(2), 127-32.
- Wild TC. (2003). Drinking patterns and problems: a search for meaningful interdisciplinary studies. Can J Nurs Res. 35(1), 83-8.
- Cunningham JA, Koski-Jännes A, Wild TC, Cordingley J. (2002). Treating alcohol problems with self-help materials: a population study. J Stud Alcohol. 63(6), 649-54.
- Wild TC. (1999). Compulsory substance-user treatment and harm reduction: a critical analysis. Subst Use Misuse. 34(1), 83-102.