- Bahji A. Alcohol-related emergency department visits: a descriptive prevalence study. Canadian Journal of Addiction.
- Lee BK, Merali N-K. (2022). Employment Stress and Couple Adjustment among Clients With Disorders of Gambling and Alcohol Use: Themes of Transfers in Congruence Couple Therapy. Substance Abuse: Research and Treatment. January 2022. doi:10.1177/11782218221080773
- Addict Sci Clin Pract. 17(1):9. doi: 10.1186/s13722-022-00292-8.
- Koh JJ, Malczewska M, Doyle-Waters MM, Moe J. (2021). Prevention of alcohol withdrawal seizure recurrence and treatment of other alcohol withdrawal symptoms in the emergency department: a rapid review. BMC Emerg Med. 2021 Nov 6;21(1):131. doi: 10.1186/s12873-021-00524-1.
- Koh JJ, Malczewska M, Doyle-Waters MM, Moe J. (2021). Correction to: Prevention of alcohol withdrawal seizure recurrence and treatment of other alcohol withdrawal symptoms in the emergency department: a rapid review. BMC Emerg Med. 22(1):17. doi: 10.1186/s12873-022-00572-1.
- Gibson, M., Williamson, L., Henwood, G., Chalmers, D., Dell, C.D. (2021). Perceptions and use of alcohol and medical cannabis among Canadian military veterans living with PTSD. Journal of Veterans Studies. 7(1), 59–70.
- Knaebe B, Rodda SN, Hodgins DC, Lubman DI. (2019). Behaviour Change Strategies Endorsed by Gamblers Subtyped by Psychological Distress, Risky Alcohol Use, and Impulsivity. J Gambl Stud.
- Brooks HL, Kassam S, Salvalaggio G, Hyshka E. (2018). Implementing managed alcohol programs in hospital settings: A review of academic and grey literature. Drug Alcohol Rev. 37 Suppl 1:S145-S155.
- Cunningham, J.A., Hodgins, D. C., Keough, M., Hendershot, C., Bennett, K., Bennett, A., & Godinho, A. (2018). Online interventions for problem gamblers with and without co-occurring problem drinking: Study protocol of a randomized controlled trial. Trials. 19(1), 295.
- Howlett H, Mackenzie S, Gray WK, Rankin J, Nixon L, Richardson A, Strehle EM, Brown NW. (2018). Assessing prevalence of alcohol consumption in early pregnancy: Self-report compared to blood biomarker analysis. Eur J Med Genet. 61(9):531-538.
- Knaebe, B., Rodda, S.N., Hodgins, D.C., & Lubman. D.I. (2018). Behaviour change strategies endorsed subtyped by psychological distress, risky alcohol use and impulsivity. Journal of Gambling Studies. 35(1), 275-292.
- Newton, A.S., Mushquash, C., Krank, M., Wild, T.C., Dyson, M., Hartling, L., & Stewart, S.H. (2018). When and how do brief alcohol interventions in primary care reduce alcohol use and alcohol-related consequences among adolescents? Journal of Pediatrics. 197, 221-232.
- Kiemele E, Dell CA, Hopkins C, Beckstead J, Fromson JA. (2017). Reconciling America’s Research Response to Binge Drinking among American Indians and Alaskan Natives. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 28(3):860-868.
- C. Lewis-Laietmark , A. Wettlaufer, K. Shield, N. Giesbrecht, N. April, M. Asbridge, C.A. Dell, J. Rehm, T. Stockwell. (2017). The Effects of Alcohol-Related Harms to Others on Self-perceived Mental Well-being in a Canadian Sample. International Journal of Public Health. pp. 1-10.
- Mutti-Packer S, Hodgins DC, El-Guebaly N, Casey DM, Currie SR, Williams RJ, Smith GJ, Schopflocher DP. (2017). Problem gambling symptomatology and alcohol misuse among adolescents: A parallel-process latent growth curve model. Psychol Addict Behav. 31(4),447-456.
- Newton, A.S., Dow, N., Dong, K., Rosychuk, R.J., Pitzpatrick, E., Wild, T.C., Johnson, D.W., Ali, S., & Colman, I. (2017). A randomized controlled pilot trial evaluating feasibility and acceptability of a computer-based tool to identify and reduce harmful and hazardous drinking among adolescents with alcohol-related presentations in Canadian pediatric emergency departments. BMJ Open, 7:e015423.
- Rafferty, E., Bonner, A., Code, J., McBride, K., Andkhoie, M., Tikoo, R., McClean, S., Dell, C., Szafron, M., Faraq, M. (2017). Factors Influencing Risky Single Occasion Drinking in Canada and Policy Implications. Archives of Public Health. 75:22 pp.1-11.
- Newton, A.S., & Wild, T.C. (2016). Is it time to define minimally clinically important differences for patient-reported outcome measures used in alcohol brief intervention studies? Addiction. 111,1528-1529.
- Robertson-Boersma D, Butt P, Dell CA. (2015). Reflections on How a University Binge Drinking Prevention Initiative Supports Alcohol Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral for Student Alcohol Use. Yale J Biol Med. 88(3):339-46.
- Masching R, Dell CA, Egan JP, McHugh NG, Lee D, Prentice T, Storm L, Thomas C, McGee A, Dale-Harris H. (2014). The Complexities of Accessing Care and Treatment: Understanding Alcohol Use by Aboriginal Persons Living with HIV and AIDS. Canadi J Aborig Community Based HIV/AIDS Res. 6(1):70-94.
- Colman I, Garad Y, Zeng Y, Naicker K, Weeks M, Patten SB, Jones PB, Thompson AH, Wild TC. (2013). Stress and development of depression and heavy drinking in adulthood: moderating effects of childhood trauma. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 48(2), 265-74.
- Hodgins DC, Racicot S. (2013). The link between drinking and gambling among undergraduate university students. Psychol Addict Behav. 27(3),885-92.
- Mabood N, Ali S, Dong KA, Wild TC, Newton AS. (2013). Experiences of pediatric emergency physicians in providing alcohol-related care to adolescents in the emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(12), 1260-5.
- Newton AS, Dong K, Mabood N, Ata N, Ali S, Gokiert R, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2013). Brief emergency department interventions for youth who use alcohol and other drugs: a systematic review. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(5), 673-84.
- Cunningham JA, Neighbors C, Wild TC, Humphreys K. (2012). Normative misperceptions about alcohol use in a general population sample of problem drinkers from a large metropolitan city. Alcohol Alcohol. 47(1), 63-6.
- Arbeau KJ, Kuiken D, Wild TC. (2011). Drinking to enhance and to cope: A daily process study of motive specificity. Addict Behav. 36(12), 1174-83.
- Currie CL, Wild TC, Schopflocher DP, Laing L, Veugelers PJ, Parlee B, McKennitt DW. (2011). Enculturation and alcohol use problems among aboriginal university students. Can J Psychiatry. 56(12), 735-42.
- Newton AS, Gokiert R, Mabood N, Ata N, Dong K, Ali S, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2011). Instruments to detect alcohol and other drug misuse in the emergency department: a systematic review. Pediatrics. 128(1), e180-92.
- Stea JN, Hodgins DC, Lambert MJ. (2011). Relations between delay discounting and low to moderate gambling, cannabis, and alcohol problems among university students. Behav Processes. 88(3):202-5.
- Hodgins DC, Williams R, Munro G. (2009). Workplace responsibility, stress, alcohol availability and norms as predictors of alcohol consumption-related problems among employed workers. Subst Use Misuse. 44(14):2062-9.
- Sarkar M, Burnett M, Carrière S, Cox LV, Dell CA, Gammon H, Geller B, Koren G, Lee L, Midmer D, Mousmanis P, Schuurmans N, Senikas V, Soucy D, Wood R; Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Advisory Workgroup. (2009). Screening and recording of alcohol use among women of child-bearing age and pregnant women. Can J Clin Pharmacol. 16(1),e242-63.
- Wild TC, Cunningham JA, Roberts AB. (2007). Controlled study of brief personalized assessment-feedback for drinkers interested in self-help. Addiction. 102(2), 241-50.
- Wild, T.C., Cunningham, J.A., Roberts, A.B. (2007). Controlled study of brief personalized assessment – feedback for drinkers interested in self-help. Addiction. 102, 214-250.
- Tavares H, Zilberman ML, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2005). Comparison of craving between pathological gamblers and alcoholics. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 29(8):1427-31.
- Currie SR, Clark S, Hodgins DC, El-Guebaly N. (2004). Randomized controlled trial of brief cognitive-behavioural interventions for insomnia in recovering alcoholics. Addiction. 99(9):1121-32.
- Wild TC, Roberts AB, Cunningham J, Schopflocher D, Pazderka-Robinson H. (2004). Alcohol problems and interest in self-help: a population study of Alberta adults. Can J Public Health. 95(2), 127-32.
- Wild TC. (2003). Drinking patterns and problems: a search for meaningful interdisciplinary studies. Can J Nurs Res. 35(1), 83-8.
- Cunningham JA, Koski-Jännes A, Wild TC, Cordingley J. (2002). Treating alcohol problems with self-help materials: a population study. J Stud Alcohol. 63(6), 649-54.
- Currie SR, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Campbell W. (2001). Influence of depression and gender on smoking expectancies and temptations in alcoholics in early recovery. J Subst Abuse. 13(4):443-58.
- Hodgins DC. (2001). Stages of Change Assessments in Alcohol Problems: Agreement Across Self- and Clinician-Reports. Subst Abus. 22(2):87-96.
- Hodgins DC, Dufour M, Armstrong S. (2000). The reliability and validity of the inventory to diagnose depression in alcohol-dependent men and women. J Subst Abuse. 11(4):369-78.
1999 and earlier
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Armstrong S, Dufour M. (1999). Implications of depression on outcome from alcohol dependence: a 3-year prospective follow-up. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 23(1):151-7.
- Leigh G, Hodgins DC, Milne R, Gerrish R. (1999). Volunteer assistance in the treatment of chronic alcoholism. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 25(3):543-59. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 25(3):543-59.
- Hodgins DC, Leigh G, Milne R, Gerrish R. (1997). Drinking goal selection in behavioral self-management treatment of chronic alcoholics. Addict Behav. 22(2):247-55.
- Campbell WG, Hodgins DC. (1993). Alcohol-related blackouts in a medical practice. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 19(3):369-76.