- Gibson, M., Williamson, L., Henwood, G., Chalmers, D., Dell, C.D. (2021). Perceptions and use of alcohol and medical cannabis among Canadian military veterans living with PTSD. Journal of Veterans Studies. 7(1), 59–70.
- Bahji A, Chinna-Meyyappan A, Hawken E. (2020). Cannabinoids for the neuropsychiatric symptoms of dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 65(6): 365-376.
- Bahji A, Chinna-Meyyappan A, Hawken E. (2020). Efficacy and acceptability of cannabinoids for anxiety disorders in adults: a systematic review & meta-analysis. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 129:257-264.
- Bahji A, Stephenson C, Tyo R, Hawken ER, Seitz D. (2020). Prevalence of cannabis withdrawal among regular or dependent users of cannabinoids: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association—Open Network. 3(4): 3095.
- Round JM, Lee C, Hanlon JG, Hyshka E, Dyck J, Eurich D. (2020). Changes in patient health questionnaire (PHQ-9) scores in adults with medical authorization for cannabis. BMC Public Health. 20:987. DOI: 1186/s12889-020-09089-3.
- Bahji A. (2019). Incidence and correlates of cannabinoid-related psychiatric emergency care: a retrospective, multi-year cohort study. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 11 (1), 14-18.
- Bahji A, Stephenson C. (2019). International perspectives on the implications of cannabis legalization: A systematic review & thematic analysis. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 16(17): 3095.
- Eurich D, Lee C, Zongo A, Minhas-Sandhu JK, Hanlon JG, Hyshka E, Dyck J. (2019). Cohort study of medical cannabis authorisation and healthcare utilisation in 2014-2017 in Ontario, Canada. J Epidemiol Community Health. pii: jech-2019-212438.
- Jutras-Aswad, D., Le Foll, B., Bruneau, J., Wild, T.C., Wood, E., & Fischer, B. (2019). Thinking beyond legalization: The case for expanding evidence-based options for cannabis use disorder treatment in Canada. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 64(2), 82-87.
- Lee C, Voaklander D, Minhas-Sandhu JK, Dyck J, Hanlon JG, Hyshka E, Eurich DT. (2019). Cohort study of medical cannabis authorizations and motor vehicle accident-related healthcare visits in 2014-2017 in Ontario, Canada. Revision requested. Injury Prevention.
- Watson TM, Valleriani J, Hyshka E, Rueda S. (2019). Cannabis legalization in the provinces and territories: Missing opportunities to effectively educate youth? Canadian Journal of Public Health. 110(4), 472-475.
- Watson TM, Hyshka E, Bonato S, Rueda S. (2019). Early-stage cannabis regulatory policy planning across Canada’s four largest provinces: A descriptive overview. Substance Use & Misuse. 54(10), 1691-1704.
- Bahji A, Scimeca M, Hurley B, Penders T, Stanciu C. (2018). A Case of Synthetic Cannabinoid Abuse: Summary of Case Conference from American Academy of Addictions Psychiatry 2017 Annual Meeting. American Journal on Addictions. 27: 265-272.
- Currie S., Flores-Pajot, M-C., Hodgins D. C., Nadeau, L., Paradis C., Robillard C., & Young M. (2018). A research plan to define Canada’s first Low-Risk Gambling Guidelines. Health Promotion Internationa. 34(6), 1207-1217.
- Hodgins, D.C., Stea, J.N. (2018). Insights from individuals successfully recovered from cannabis use disorder: Natural versus treatment-assisted recoveries and abstinent versus moderation outcomes. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 13(16), 1-9.
- Hodgins, D.C., & Stea, J. (2018). Psychometric evaluation of a lifetime version of the marijuana problems scale. Additive Behaviors Reports 8, 21-24.
- Mutti-Packer, S. , Collyer, B. & Hodgins, D. C. (2018). Perceptions of plain packaging and health waning labels for cannabis among young adults: Findings from an experimental study. BMC Public Health. 18(1).
- Bahji A, Mazhar MN. (2016). Treatment of Cannabis Dependence with Synthetic Cannabinoids: A Systematic Review. Canadian Journal of Addictions. 7(4):8-13.
- Kirst M, Kolar K, Chaiton M, Schwartz R, Emerson B, Hyshka E, Jesseman R, Lucas P, Solomon R, Thomas G. (2016). A common public health-oriented policy framework for cannabis, alcohol and tobacco in Canada? Can J Public Health. 106(8):e474-6.
- Stea JN, Yakovenko I, Hodgins DC. (2015). Recovery from cannabis use disorders: Abstinence versus moderation and treatment-assisted recovery versus natural recovery. Psychol Addict Behav. 29(3),522-31.
- Hyshka E, Erickson PG, Hathaway A. (2011). The time for marijuana decriminalization has come again . . . and again. Criminal Law Bulletin. 47(2):258-275.
- Stea JN, Hodgins DC, Lambert MJ. (2011). Relations between delay discounting and low to moderate gambling, cannabis, and alcohol problems among university students. Behav Processes. 88(3):202-5.
- Erickson PG, Hyshka E. (2010). Four decades of cannabis criminals in Canada 1970-2010. Amsterdam Law Forum. 2(4):14.
- Hathaway A, Hyshka E, Erickson PG, Asbridge M, Brochu S, Cousineau MM, Duff C, Marsh D. (2010). Whither RDS? An investigation of Respondent Driven Sampling as a method of recruiting mainstream marijuana users. Harm Reduction Journal. 7:15.
- Hyshka E. (2009). The Saga Continues: Canadian Legislative Attempts to Reform Cannabis Law in the Twenty-First Century. Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice. 51(1), 73–91.
- Hyshka, E. (2009). Turning failure into success: what does the case of Western Australia tell us about Canadian cannabis policy-making? Policy Studies. 30(5), 513–531.