Diagnosis, Education & Treatment Publications
- Bahji A, Brietzke E, Soares C, Stuart H. Biomarkers of addiction: a narrative review. Canadian Journal of Addiction.
- Liese, B. S., Kim, H.S, Hodgins, D.C. (in press). Insecure attachment and addiction: Testing the mediating role of emotional dysregulation in four potentially addictive behaviors. Addictive Behaviors.
- Lee BK, Ofori Dei SM. (2022). Changes in Work Status, Couple Adjustment, and Recovery Capital: Secondary Analysis of Data From a Congruence Couple Therapy Randomized Controlled Trial. Subst Abuse. 16:11782218221088875. doi: 10.1177/11782218221088875.
- Lee BK, Merali N-K. (2022). Employment Stress and Couple Adjustment among Clients With Disorders of Gambling and Alcohol Use: Themes of Transfers in Congruence Couple Therapy. Substance Abuse: Research and Treatment. January 2022. doi:10.1177/11782218221080773
- Jutras-Aswad, D., Le Foll, B., Ahamad, K., Lim, R., et.al. (2022) Flexible Buprenorphine/Naloxone Model of Care for Reducing Opioid Use in Individuals With Prescription-Type Opioid Use Disorder: An Open-Label, Pragmatic, Noninferiority Randomized Controlled Trial. American Journal of Psychiatry. https://doi.org/10.1176/appi.ajp.21090964
- Hodgins, D.C., Budd, M., Czukar, G., Dubreucq, S., Jackson, L.A., Rush, B., Quilty, L., Adams, D., Wild, C. (2022). Treatment of Opioid Use Disorder in Canadian Psychosocial Addiction Programs: A National Survey of Policy, Attitudes, and Practice. The Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 18(130):107310.
- Addict Sci Clin Pract. 17(1):9. doi: 10.1186/s13722-022-00292-8.
Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. (2022). Unmet service needs and barriers to care of individuals experiencing absolute homelessness in Edmonton, Canada: a cross-sectional survey. 57(2):387-395. doi: 10.1007/s00127-021-02080-2.
- Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 17(1):20. doi: 10.1186/s13011-022-00445-7.
BMC Public Health. 2021 Sep 15;21(1):1678. doi: 10.1186/s12889-021-11757-x.
Drug Alcohol Rev. doi: 10.1111/dar.13417.
- Bahji A, Reshetukha T, Newman A, Good L, Gupta P, Haffey S, Gingrich T, Hicks M, Zuoros I, Reid R, Majere R, Fraser S. (2020). The Substance Treatment and Recovery Team (START): measuring the effectiveness and feasibility of an inpatient addiction consult service at an academic general hospital. General Hospital Psychiatry. S0163-8343(20)30070-0.
- Danilewitz M, Bahji A. (2020). Unexpected turn of events: graduating in the COVID-19 era. Canadian Journal of Medical Education.
- Kim, H.S., Hodgins, D.C., Kim, B.T. & Wild, T. C. (2020). Transdiagnostic or disorder specific? Indicators of substance and behavioral addictions nominated by people with lived experience. Journal of Clinical Medicine. 9, 334-349. doi:10.3390/jcm9020334.
- Bahji A, Lusty E, Majere RA, Newman A, Reshetukha T, Carvalhal A. (2019). Piloting an Addictions Medicine Consultation Team in Kingston, Ontario, Canada: Results of an Inpatient Needs Assessment. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 10(1):29–32.
- Bahji A. (2019). An Epidemic of Incompetence: A Critical Review of Addictions Curriculum in Canadian Residency. MedEd Publish. 8(1).
- Bahji A, Bajaj N. (2019). The value of hospitalization in the opioid epidemic: a scoping review. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 10(2): 6-17.
- Bethune, R., Absher, N., Obiagwa, M.., Yaghoubi, M., Steeves, M., Tikoo, R., Qarmout, T., Dell, C., Szafron, M., Farag, M. (2019). Social Determinants of Self-reported Health for Canada’s Indigenous Peoples: A Public Health Approach. Public Health.
- Dell, Colleen A.; Stempien, James; Broberg, Lindsey; Husband, Alicia; Jurke, Lacey; Rohr, Betty; Smith, Jane; Rubin, Joseph; Tupper, Susan; Goodridge, Donna; Fornssler, Cathie; and Fele-Slaferek, Logan. (2019). A Case Study of the Patient Experience of Emergency Department Wait Times. Patient Experience Journal. 6(1):115-126.
- Fatani, S., Dobson, R., & El-Aneed, A. (2019). Qualitative exploration of the education and skill needs of community pharmacists in Saskatoon concerning substance use disorder. Canadian Pharmacists Journal:CPJ = Revue Des Pharmaciens Du Canada:RPC. 152(2), 117-129.
- Jutras-Aswad, D., Le Foll, B., Bruneau, J., Wild, T., Wood, E., & Fischer, B. (2019). Thinking Beyond Legalization: The Case for Expanding Evidence-Based Options for Cannabis Use Disorder Treatment in Canada. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. Revue Canadienne De Psychiatrie. 64(2), 82-87.
- Szelest I, Motluk L, Jennens H, Lagasse J, Tailleur M, Salvalaggio G. (2019). Technology to support relational care for people who use drugs at home: Literature review and key informant content. Healthcare Management Forum. 32(4), 213-217.
- Wendt, D., Hartmann, W., Allen, J., Burack, J., Charles, B., D’Amico, E., Dell, C. . . Walls, M. (2019). Substance Use Research with Indigenous Communities: Exploring and Extending Foundational Principles of Community Psychology. American Journal of Community Psychology. 64(1-2), 146-158.
- Yücel M, Oldenhof E, Ahmed SH, Belin D, …Hodgins DC, … Verdejo-Garcia A. (2019). A transdiagnostic dimensional approach towards a neuropsychological assessment for addiction: an international Delphi consensus study. Addiction.
- Bahji A, Hargreaves T, Finch S. (2018). Assessing the Utility of Drug Screening in the Emergency: A Short Report. British Medical Journal Open Quality. 7: e000414.
- Bahji A, Camire D. (2018). Letter to the Editor: A Case for Opioid Education and Training for Medical Students, Residents, and Allied Health Staff: Response To “Educational Intervention for Physicians to Address the Risk of Opioid Abuse.” Journal of Opioid Management. 14(3): 157.
- Hodgins, D.C., Stea, J.N. (2018). Insights from individuals successfully recovered from cannabis use disorder: Natural versus treatment-assisted recoveries and abstinent versus moderation outcomes. Addiction Science & Clinical Practice. 13(16), 1-9.
- Kim, H.S., Hodgins, D.C. (2018). Component model of addiction treatment: A pragmatic transdiagnostic treatment model of behavioral and substance addictions. Frontiers in Psychiatry. 9.
- Knaebe, B., Rodda, S.N., Hodgins, D.C., & Lubman. D.I. (2018). Behaviour change strategies endorsed subtyped by psychological distress, risky alcohol use and impulsivity. Journal of Gambling Studies. 35(1), 275-292.
- Schluter, M.G., Hodgins, D. C., Wolfe, J. & Wild, T.C. (2018). Can one simple questionnaire assess substance-related and behavioural addiction problems? Results from a proposed new screener for community epidemiology. Addiction. 113, 158-1537.
- Cook JL, Green CR, de la Ronde S, Dell CA, Graves L, Morgan L, Ordean A, Ruiter J, Steeves M, Wong S. (2017). Screening and Management of Substance Use in Pregnancy: A Review. J Obstet Gynaecol Can. 39(10):897-905.
- Cook JL, Green CR, de la Ronde S, Dell CA, Graves L, Ordean A, Ruiter J, Steeves M, Wong S. (2017). Epidemiology and Effects of Substance Use in Pregnancy. J Obstet Gynaecol Can.39(10):906-915.
- Hyshka E., Anderson J.T., Wild T.C. (2017). Perceived unmet need and barriers to care amongst street-involved people who use illicit drugs. Drug and Alcohol Review. 36(3), 295-304.
- Hyshka, E., Karekezi, K., Tan, B., Slater, L.G., Jahrig, J., & Wild, T.C. (2017). The role of consumer perspectives in estimating population need for substance use services: A scoping review. BMC Health Services Research, 36(3),295-304.
- Konkolÿ Thege B, Horwood L, Slater L, Tan MC, Hodgins DC, Wild TC. (2017). Relationship between interpersonal trauma exposure and addictive behaviors: a systematic review. BMC Psychiatry. 17(1),164.
- Maina, G., Mishak, B., Strudwick, G., Docabo, A., & Tahir, H. (2017). Nurses Taking the Lead: A Community Engagement and Knowledge Exchange Forum on Substance Abuse and Addiction in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Nursing Leadership (Toronto, Ont.). 30(3),80-92.
- Mithani S, Dong K, Wilmott A, Podmoroff H, Lalani N, Rosychuk RJ, Chuang R, Yarema MC. (2017). A cohort study of unstable overdose patients treated with intravenous lipid emulsion therapy. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 19(4): 256-264.
- Rodda SN, Hing N, Hodgins DC, Cheetham A, Dickins M, Lubman DI. (2017). Change Strategies and Associated Implementation Challenges: An Analysis of Online Counselling Sessions. J Gambl Stud. 33(3),955-973.
- Sibley A, Dong KA, Rowe BH. (2017). An Inner City Emergency Medicine Rotation Does Not Improve Attitudes toward the Homeless among Junior Medical Learners. Cureus. 9(10):e1748.
- Colman I, Kingsbury M, Garad Y, Zeng Y, Naicker K, Patten S, Jones PB, Wild TC, Thompson AH. (2016). Consistency in adult reporting of adverse childhood experiences. Psychol Med. 46(3),543-9.
- Konkoly-Thege, B, Hodgins, D.C. & Wild, T. C. (2016). Co-occurring substance-related and behavioral addiction problems: A person-centered, lay epidemiology approach. Journal of Behavioral Addictions. 5(4).
- Newton, A.S., & Wild, T.C. (2016). Is it time to define minimally clinically important differences for patient-reported outcome measures used in alcohol brief intervention studies? Addiction. 111,1528-1529.
- Patten SB, Wilkes TC, Williams JV, Lavorato DH, El-Guebaly N, Wild TC, Colman I, Bulloch AG. (2016). Childhood adversity and subsequent mental health status in adulthood: screening for associations using two linked surveys. Epidemiol Psychiatr Sci. 25(2),160-70.
- Salvalaggio, G., Dong, K.A., Hyshka, E., Nixon, L., Lavergne, K., Nicol, J., Louis, M., Lockerbie, S., Bristowe, M., Leske, J., Rosychuk, R.J., Mrklas, K., Surood, S., & Wild, T.C. (2016). Enhanced multidisciplinary care for inner city patients with high acute care use: Study protocol. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 7(3),34-41.
- Sheffer CE, Mackillop J, Fernandez A, Christensen D, Bickel WK, Johnson MW, Panissidi L, Pittman J, Franck CT, Williams J, Mathew M. (2016). Initial examination of priming tasks to decrease delay discounting. Behav Processes. 128:144-52.
- Wild, T.C., Yuan, Y., Rush, B., & Urbanoski, K. (2016). Client engagement in legally mandated addiction treatment: A prospective study using self-determination theory. Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. 69,35-43.
- Wild TC, Yuan Y, Rush BR, Urbanoski KA. (2016). Client Engagement in Legally-Mandated Addiction Treatment: A Prospective Study Using Self-Determination Theory. J Subst Abuse Treat. 69,35-43.
- Chalmers D, Dell CA. (2015). Applying One Health to the Study of Animal-Assisted Interventions. Ecohealth. 12(4):560-2.
- Dell CA. (2015). Questioning “Fluffy”: A Dog’s Eye View of Animal-Assisted Interventions (AAI) in the Treatment of Substance Misuse. Subst Use Misuse. 50(8-9):1148-52.
- Hall L, Dell CA, Fornssler B, Hopkins C, Mushquash C, Rowan M. (2015). Research as Cultural Renewal: Applying Two-Eyed Seeing in a Research Project about Cultural Interventions in First Nations Addictions Treatment. Int Indig Policy J. 6(2):1-15.
- Konkolÿ Thege B, Woodin EM, Hodgins DC, Williams RJ. (2015). Natural course of behavioral addictions: a 5-year longitudinal study. BMC Psychiatry. 22;15,4.
- Konkolÿ Thege B, Colman I, el-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC, Patten SB, Schopflocher D, Wolfe J, Wild TC. (2015). Social judgments of behavioral versus substance-related addictions: a population-based study. Addict Behav. 42,24-31.
- Rowan M, Poole N, Shea B, Mykota D, Farag M, Hopkins C, Hall L, Mushquash C, Fornssler B, Dell CA. (2015). A scoping study of cultural interventions to treat addictions in Indigenous populations: methods, strategies and insights from a Two-Eyed Seeing approach. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 10:26.
- Stea JN, Yakovenko I, Hodgins DC. (2015). Recovery from cannabis use disorders: Abstinence versus moderation and treatment-assisted recovery versus natural recovery. Psychol Addict Behav. 29(3),522-31.
- Wickham ME, Senthilselvan A, Wild TC, Hoglund WL, Colman I. (2015). Maternal depressive symptoms during childhood and risky adolescent health behaviors. Pediatrics. 135(1), 59-67.
- Fornssler B, McKenzie HA, Dell CA, Laliberte L, Hopkins C. (2014). “I Got to Know Them in a New Way”: Rela(y/t)ing Rhizomes and Community-Based Knowledge (Brokers’) Transformation of Western and Indigenous Knowledge. Cult Stud Crit Methodol. 14(2):179-193.
- Maina G, Sutankayo L, Chorney R, Caine V. (2014). Living with and teaching about HIV: engaging nursing students through body mapping. Nurse Educ Today. 34(4):643-7.
- Masching R, Dell CA, Egan JP, McHugh NG, Lee D, Prentice T, Storm L, Thomas C, McGee A, Dale-Harris H. (2014). The Complexities of Accessing Care and Treatment: Understanding Alcohol Use by Aboriginal Persons Living with HIV and AIDS. Canadi J Aborig Community Based HIV/AIDS Res. 6(1):70-94.
- Colman I, Garad Y, Zeng Y, Naicker K, Weeks M, Patten SB, Jones PB, Thompson AH, Wild TC. (2013). Stress and development of depression and heavy drinking in adulthood: moderating effects of childhood trauma. Soc Psychiatry Psychiatr Epidemiol. 48(2), 265-74.
- Currie, C.L., wild, T.C., Schopflocher, D.P., Laing, L., Veugelers, P. (2013). Illicit and prescription drug problems among urban Aboriginal adults in Canada: the role of traditional culture in protection and resilience. Social Science & Medicine. 88, 1-9.
- Dell CA, Duncan CR, DesRoches A, Bendig M, Steeves M, Turner H, Quaife T, McCann C, Enns B. (2013). Back to the basics: identifying positive youth development as the theoretical framework for a youth drug prevention program in rural Saskatchewan, Canada amidst a program evaluation. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 8:36.
- Hyshka E, Bubela T, Wild TC. (2013). Prospects for scaling-up supervised injection facilities in Canada: the role of evidence in legal and political decision-making. Addiction. 108(3), 468-76.
- Kenaszchuk C, Wild TC, Rush BR, Urbanoski K. (2013). Rasch model of the GAIN substance problem scale among Canadian adults seeking residential and outpatient addiction treatment. Addict Behav. 38(7), 2279-87.
- Kerr T, Small W, Hyshka E, Maher L, Shannon K. (2013). ‘It’s more about the heroin’: injection drug users’ response to an overdose warning campaign in a Canadian setting. Addiction. 108(7), 1270-6.
- Lang K, Neil J, Wright J, Dell CA, Berenbaum S, El-Aneed A. (2013). Qualitative investigation of barriers to accessing care by people who inject drugs in Saskatoon, Canada: perspectives of service providers. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 8:35.
- Mabood N, Ali S, Dong KA, Wild TC, Newton AS. (2013). Experiences of pediatric emergency physicians in providing alcohol-related care to adolescents in the emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(12), 1260-5.
- Minaker LM, Raine KD, Wild TC, Nykiforuk CI, Thompson ME, Frank LD. (2013). Objective food environments and health outcomes. Am J Prev Med. 45(3):289-96.
- Newton AS, Dong K, Mabood N, Ata N, Ali S, Gokiert R, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2013). Brief emergency department interventions for youth who use alcohol and other drugs: a systematic review. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(5), 673-84.
- North CR, Wild TC, Zwaigenbaum L, Colman I. (2013). Early neurodevelopment and self-reported adolescent symptoms of depression and anxiety in a National Canadian Cohort Study. PLoS One. 8(2), e56804.
- Salvalaggio G, Dong K, Vandenberghe C, Kirkland S, Mramor K, Brown T, Taylor M, McKim R, Cummings GG, Wild TC. (2013). Enhancing screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment among socioeconomically disadvantaged patients: study protocol for a knowledge exchange intervention involving patients and physicians. BMC Health Serv Res. 13, 108.
- Vanderhoek AJ, Hammal F, Chappell A, Wild TC, Raupach T, Finegan BA. (2013). Future physicians and tobacco: an online survey of the habits, beliefs and knowledge base of medical students at a Canadian University. Tob Induc Dis. 11(1), 9.
- Cunningham JA, Neighbors C, Wild TC, Humphreys K. (2012). Normative misperceptions about alcohol use in a general population sample of problem drinkers from a large metropolitan city. Alcohol Alcohol. 47(1), 63-6.
- Currie CL, Wild TC. (2012). Adolescent use of prescription drugs to get high in Canada. Can J Psychiatry. 57(12):745-51.
- Dell CA, Dell D, Cruz S, Balster R. (2012). Volatile substance misuse: a look into the future. Can J Public Health. 103(6):e473.
- Dell CA, Kilty JM. (2012). The creation of the expected Aboriginal woman drug offender in Canada: Exploring relations between victimization, punishment, and cultural identity. Int Rev Vict. 19(1):1-18.
- Dell CA, Roberts G, Kilty J, Taylor K, Daschuk M, Hopkins C, Dell D. (2012). Researching Prescription Drug Misuse among First Nations in Canada: Starting from a Health Promotion Framework. Subst Abuse. 6:23-31.
- Hyshka E, Strathdee S, Wood E, Kerr T. (2012). Needle exchange and the HIV epidemic in Vancouver: lessons learned from 15 years of research. Int J Drug Policy. 23(4), 261-70.
- Hyshka E, Butler-McPhee J, Elliott R, Wood E, Kerr T. (2012). Canada moving backwards on illegal drugs. Can J Public Health. 103(2), 125-7.
- Urbanoski KA, Wild TC. (2012). Assessing self-determined motivation for addiction treatment: validity of the Treatment Entry Questionnaire. J Subst Abuse Treat. 43(1), 70-9.
- Arbeau KJ, Kuiken D, Wild TC. (2011). Drinking to enhance and to cope: A daily process study of motive specificity. Addict Behav. 36(12), 1174-83.
- Bickel WK, Christensen DR, Marsch LA. (2011). A review of computer-based interventions used in the assessment, treatment, and research of drug addiction. Subst Use Misuse. 46(1):4-9.
- Currie CL, Wild TC, Schopflocher DP, Laing L, Veugelers PJ, Parlee B, McKennitt DW. (2011). Enculturation and alcohol use problems among aboriginal university students. Can J Psychiatry. 56(12), 735-42.
- Currie CL, Schopflocher DP, Wild TC. (2011). Prevalence and correlates of 12-month prescription drug misuse in Alberta. Can J Psychiatry. 56(1) ,27-34.
- Dell CA, Desjarlais V, Kilty JM. (2011). This is Who I Am: Aboriginal Women’s Healing from Criminalization and Problematic Drug Use. J Prison Prisons. 20(1),58-71.
- Dell CA, Seguin M, Hopkins C, Tempier R, Mehl-Madrona L, Dell D, Duncan R, Mosier K. (2011). From benzos to berries: treatment offered at an Aboriginal youth solvent abuse treatment centre relays the importance of culture. Can J Psychiatry. 56(2),75-83.
- Dell CA, Gust SW, MacLean S. (2011). Global issues in volatile substance misuse. Subst Use Misuse. 46 Suppl 1:1-7.
- Newton AS, Gokiert R, Mabood N, Ata N, Dong K, Ali S, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2011). Instruments to detect alcohol and other drug misuse in the emergency department: a systematic review. Pediatrics. 128(1), e180-92.
- A. Tempier, C. Dell, Elder C. Papaquash, R. Duncan, R. Tempier. (2011). Awakening: ‘Spontaneous Recovery’ from Substance Abuse among Aboriginal Peoples in Canada. The International Indigenous Policy Journal. 2(1), pp.1-18.
- Bickel WK, Jones BA, Landes RD, Christensen DR, Jackson L, Mancino M. (2010). Hypothetical intertemporal choice and real economic behavior: delay discounting predicts voucher redemptions during contingency-management procedures. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol. 18(6):546-52.
- Bickel WK, Yi R, Mueller ET, Jones BA, Christensen DR. (2010). The behavioral economics of drug dependence: towards the consilience of economics and behavioral neuroscience. Curr Top Behav Neurosci. 3:319-41.
- Burstyn I, Jonasi L, Wild TC. (2010). Obtaining compliance with occupational health and safety regulations: a multilevel study using self-determination theory. Int J Environ Health Res. 20(4), 271-87.
- Joyce AS, Adair CE, Wild TC, McDougall GM, Gordon A, Costigan N, Pasmeny G. (2010). Continuity of care: validation of a self-report measure to assess client perceptions of mental health service delivery. Community Ment Health J. 46(2), 192-208.
- Niccols A, Dell CA, Clarke S. (2010). Treatment Issues for Aboriginal Mothers with Substance Use Problems and Their Children. Int J Ment Health Addict.8(2),320-335.
- Raine KD, Plotnikoff R, Nykiforuk C, Deegan H, Hemphill E, Storey K, Schopflocher D, Veugelers P, Wild TC, Ohinmaa A. (2010). Reflections on community-based population health intervention and evaluation for obesity and chronic disease prevention: the Healthy Alberta Communities project. Int J Public Health. 55(6), 679-86. doi: 10.1007/s00038-010-0187-7.
- Acoose S, Blunderfield D, Dell CA, Desjarlais V. (2009). Beginning with Our Voices: How the Experiential Stories of First Nations Women Contribute to a National Research Project. J Aborig Health. 4(2),35-43.
- Burstyn I, Kapur N, Shalapay C, Bamforth F, Wild TC, Liu J, LeGatt D. (2009). Evaluation of the accuracy of self-reported smoking in pregnancy when the biomarker level in an active smoker is uncertain. Nicotine Tob Res. 11(6), 670-8.
- Hodgins DC, Williams R, Munro G. (2009). Workplace responsibility, stress, alcohol availability and norms as predictors of alcohol consumption-related problems among employed workers. Subst Use Misuse. 44(14):2062-9.
- Shead NW, Hodgins DC. (2009). Probability discounting of gains and losses: implications for risk attitudes and impulsivity. J Exp Anal Behav. 92(1):1-16.
- Wang F, Wild TC, Kipp W, Kuhle S, Veugelers PJ. (2009). The influence of childhood obesity on the development of self-esteem. Health Rep. 20(2), 21-7.
- Hodgins DC, Peden N. (2008). Cognitive-behavioral treatment for impulse control disorders. Braz J Psychiatry. 30 Suppl 1:S31-40.
- Urbanoski KA, Rush BR, Wild TC, Bassani DG, Castel S. (2007). Use of mental health care services by Canadians with co-occurring substance dependence and mental disorders. Psychiatr Serv. 58(7), 962-9.
- Wild TC, Cunningham JA, Roberts AB. (2007). Controlled study of brief personalized assessment-feedback for drinkers interested in self-help. Addiction. 102(2), 241-50.
- Wozniak L, Prakash M, Taylor M, Wild TC. (2007). Everybody’s got it, but…: situational and strategic participation in normalized HCV discourse among injection drug users in Edmonton, Canada. Int J Drug Policy. 18(5), 388-96.
- Zilberman ML, Tavares H, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2007). The impact of gender, depression, and personality on craving. J Addict Dis. 26(1):79-84.
- Wild, T.C., Cunningham, J.A., Ryan, R.M. (2006). Social pressure, coercion, and client engagement at treatment entry: a self-determination theory perspective. Addictive Behaviors. 31, 1858-1872.
- Wild TC. (2006). Social control and coercion in addiction treatment: towards evidence-based policy and practice. Addiction. 101(1), 40-9.
- Adair CE, McDougall GM, Mitton CR, Joyce AS, Wild TC, Gordon A, Costigan N, Kowalsky L, Pasmeny G, Beckie A. (2005). Continuity of care and health outcomes among persons with severe mental illness. Psychiatr Serv. 56(9), 1061-9.
- Tavares H, Zilberman ML, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2005). Comparison of craving between pathological gamblers and alcoholics. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 29(8):1427-31.
- Cormier RA, Dell CA, Poole N. (2004). Women and Substance Abuse Problems. BMC Womens Health.4 Suppl 1:S8.
- Wild TC, Roberts AB, Cunningham J, Schopflocher D, Pazderka-Robinson H. (2004). Alcohol problems and interest in self-help: a population study of Alberta adults. Can J Public Health. 95(2), 127-32.
- Currie SR, Hodgins DC, Crabtree A, Jacobi J, Armstrong S. (2003). Outcome from integrated pain management treatment for recovering substance abusers. J Pain. 4(2):91-100.
- Wild TC. (2003). Drinking patterns and problems: a search for meaningful interdisciplinary studies. Can J Nurs Res. 35(1), 83-8.
- Cunningham JA, Koski-Jännes A, Wild TC, Cordingley J. (2002). Treating alcohol problems with self-help materials: a population study. J Stud Alcohol. 63(6), 649-54.
- Hodgins DC. (2001). Stages of Change Assessments in Alcohol Problems: Agreement Across Self- and Clinician-Reports. Subst Abus. 22(2):87-96.
- Hodgins DC, Dufour M, Armstrong S. (2000). The reliability and validity of the inventory to diagnose depression in alcohol-dependent men and women. J Subst Abuse. 11(4):369-78.
1999 and earlier
- el-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC, Armstrong S, Addington J. (1999). Methodological and clinical challenges in evaluating treatment outcome of substance-related disorders and comorbidity. Can J Psychiatry. 44(3):264-70.
- el-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC. (1992). Schizophrenia and substance abuse: prevalence issues. Can J Psychiatry. 37(10):704-10.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Addington J. (1997). Treatment of substance abusers: single or mixed gender programs? Addiction. 92(7):805-12. Review.
- Hodgins DC, Leigh G, Milne R, Gerrish R. (1997). Drinking goal selection in behavioral self-management treatment of chronic alcoholics. Addict Behav. 22(2):247-55.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Armstrong S. (1995). Prospective and retrospective reports of mood states before relapse to substance use. J Consult Clin Psychol. 63(3):400-7.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (1992). More data on the Addiction Severity Index. Reliability and validity with the mentally ill substance abuser. J Nerv Ment Dis. 180(3):197-201.
- Wild TC. (1999). Compulsory substance-user treatment and harm reduction: a critical analysis. Subst Use Misuse. 34(1), 83-102.