- Maina G, Ogenchuk M, Phaneuf T, Kwame A. (2021). “I can’t live like that”: the experience of caregiver stress of caring for a relative with substance use disorder. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 16(1):11.
- Maina G, Ogenchuk M, Gaudet S. (2021). Living with parents with problematic substance use: Impacts and turning points. Public Health Nurs. 38(5):730-737.
- Li Y, Maina G, Pandey M, Amoyaw J, Fang Y. (2021). Exploring family based immigrant youth substance use prevention programmes: a scoping review protocol. BMJ Open. 11(5):e046766. doi: 10.1136/bmjopen-2020-046766. PMID: 34039575; PMCID: PMC8160161.
- Marshall K, Maina G, Sherstobitoff J. (2021). Plausibility of patient-centred care in high-intensity methadone treatment: reflections of providers and patients. Addict Sci Clin Pract. 16(1):42.
- Maina G, Marshall K, Sherstobitof J. (2021). Untangling the Complexities of Substance Use Initiation and Recovery: Client Reflections on Opioid Use Prevention and Recovery From a Social-Ecological Perspective. Subst Abuse. 13;15:11782218211050372.
- Agiresaasi A, Tumwesigye NM, Nabiwemba E, Kiguli J, Maina GW, Nassanga G. Alcohol use during pregnancy in post-conflict northern Uganda: pregnant women’s experiences and provider perceptions. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 8;16(1):84.
- Maina G, Tahir H, Docabo A, Kahia N, Brunelle C. (2019). Exploring health-care providers’ experiences in the care of clients on opioid agonist treatment in two western Canadian clinics. Can J Nurs Res. 844562119842751.
- Maina G, Crizzle A, Maposa S, Fournier B. (2019). Sociodemographic Profiles and Clinical Outcomes for Clients on Methadone Maintenance Treatment in a Western Canadian Clinic: Implications for Practice. J Forensic Nurs.
- Nguemo JD, Iroanyah N, Husbands W, Nelson LE, Maina G, Njoroge I, Owino M, Kahan M, Miller D, Wong J. (2019). Substance use disorders among African, Caribbean and Black (ACB) people in Canada: a scoping review protocol. BMJ Open. 9(7):e028985.
- Maina, G., Strudwick, G., Lalani, Y., Boakye, F., Wilton, L., & Nelson, L. E. (2018). Characterizing the structure and functions of social networks of men who have sex with men in Ghana, West Africa: Implications for peer-based HIV prevention. Journal of the Association of Nurses in AIDS Care. 29(1), 70-82.
- Maina G, Mishak B, de Padua A, Strudwick G, Docabo A, Tahir H. (2017). Nurses Taking the Lead: A Community Engagement and Knowledge Exchange Forum on Substance Abuse and Addiction in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan. Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont). 30(3):80-92.
- Kushwaha S, Lalani Y, Maina G, Ogunbajo A, Wilton L, Agyarko-Poku T, Adu-Sarkodie Y, Boakye F, Zhang N, Nelson LE. (2017). “But the moment they find out that you are MSM…”: a qualitative investigation of HIV prevention experiences among men who have sex with men (MSM) in Ghana’s health care system. BMC Public Health. 17(1):770.
- Maina GM, Caine V, Mill J, Wimmer R. (2016). Exploring the meaning of living with HIV as a chronic illness in Kenya: A narrative inquiry. Commun Med. 13(2):215-226.
- Maina G, Mill J, Chaw-Kant J, Caine V. (2016). A systematic review of best practices in HIV care. J HIV AIDS Soc Serv. 15(1):114-126.
- Caine V, Mill J, O’Brien K, Solomon P, Worthington C, Dykeman M, Gahagan J, Maina G, De Padua A, Arneson C, Rogers T, Chaw-Kant J. (2016). Implementation Process of a Canadian Community-based Nurse Mentorship Intervention in HIV Care. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 27(3):274-84.
- Mill J, Caine V, Arneson C, Maina G, De Padua A, Dykeman M. (2014). Past experiences, current realities and future possibilities for HIV nursing education and care in Canada. J Nurs Educ Pract. 4(5):183-198.
- Maina G, Sutankayo L, Chorney R, Caine V. (2014). Living with and teaching about HIV: engaging nursing students through body mapping. Nurse Educ Today. 34(4):643-7.