- Dong KA, Brouwer J, Johnston C, Hyshka E. (2020). Supervised consumption services for acute care hospital inpatients. CMAJ. 192:E476-9.
- Kaczorowski, J., Bilodeau, J., Orkin, A.M., Dong, K., Daoust, R., & Kestler, A. (2020). Emergency Department-initiated Interventions for Patients with Opioid Use Disorder: A Systematic Review. Academic Emergency Medicine.
- Brooks HL, O’Brien DC, Salvalaggio G, Dong K, Hyshka E. (2019). Uptake into a bedside needle and syringe program for acute care inpatients who inject drugs. Drug Alcohol Rev. 38(4):423-427.
- Cappelli M, Cloutier P, Newton AS, Fitzpatrick E, Ali S, Dong KA, Gray C, Kennedy A, Lyons JS, Polihronis C, Rosychuk RJ. (2019). Evaluating mental health service use during and after emergency department visits in a multisite cohort of Canadian children and youth. CJEM. 21(1):75-86.
- Hyshka E, Morris H, Anderson-Baron J, Nixon L, Dong K, Salvalaggio G. (2019). Patient perspectives on a harm reduction-oriented addiction medicine consultation team implemented in a large acute care hospital. Drug Alcohol Depend. 204:107523.
Jun E, Ali S, Yaskina M, Dong K, Rajagopal M, Drendel AL, Fowler M, Poonai N. (2019). A two-centre survey of caregiver perspectives on opioid use for children’s acute pain. Paediatrics & Child Health. pxz162.
- Koh J, Paterson QS, Ong M, Martin LJ, Woods RA, Dong K. (2019). Addressing the opioid crisis in the era of competency-based medical education: recommendations for emergency department interventions. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 21(4): 452-454.
- Lefebvre D, Dong KA, Dance E, Rosychuk RJ, Yarema M, Blouin D, Williams J, Rowe BH. (2019). Resident Physician Wellness Curriculum: A Study of Efficacy and Satisfaction. Cureus. 11(8):e5314.
- O’Brien DC, Dabbs D, Dong K, Veugelers PJ, Hyshka E. (2019). Patient characteristics associated with being offered take home naloxone in a busy, urban emergency department: a retrospective chart review. BMC Health Serv Res. 19(1):632.
- Mithani S, Dong K, Wilmott A, Podmoroff H, Lalani N, Rosychuk RJ, Chuang R, Yarema MC. (2017). A cohort study of unstable overdose patients treated with intravenous lipid emulsion therapy. Canadian Journal of Emergency Medicine. 19(4): 256-264.
- Newton AS, Dow N, Dong K, Fitzpatrick E, Cameron Wild T, Johnson DW, Ali S, Colman I, Rosychuk RJ; Pediatric Emergency Research Canada. (2017). A randomised controlled pilot trial evaluating feasibility and acceptability of a computer-based tool to identify and reduce harmful and hazardous drinking among adolescents with alcohol-related presentations in Canadian pediatric emergency departments. BMJ Open. 7(8):e015423.
- Sibley A, Dong KA, Rowe BH. (2017). An Inner City Emergency Medicine Rotation Does Not Improve Attitudes toward the Homeless among Junior Medical Learners. Cureus. 9(10):e1748.
- Ali S, Weingarten LE, Kircher J, Dong K, Drendel AL, Rosychuk RJ, Curtis S, Newton AS. (2016). A Survey of Caregiver Perspectives on Children’s Pain Management in the Emergency Department. CJEM. 18(2):98-105.
- Nicholas DB, Newton AS, Calhoun A, Dong K, deJong-Berg MA, Hamilton F, Kilmer C, McLaughlin AM, Shankar J. (2016). The experiences and perceptions of street-involved youth regarding emergency department services. Qual Health Res.26(6):851-62.
- Nicholas DB, Newton AS, Kilmer C, Calhoun A, deJong-Berg MA, Dong K, Hamilton F, McLaughlin AM, Shankar J, Smyth P. (2016). The experiences of emergency department use by street-involved youth: Perspectives of health care and community service providers. Soc Work Health Care. 55(7):531-44.
- Rosychuk RJ, Johnson DW, Urichuk L, Dong K, Newton AS. (2016). Does emergency department use and post-visit physician care cluster geographically and temporally for adolescents who self-harm? A population-based 9-year retrospective cohort study from Alberta, Canada. BMC Psychiatry. 16:229.
- Driedger GE, Dong KA, Newton AS, Rosychuk RJ, Ali S. (2015). What are kids getting into these days? A retrospective chart review of substance use presentations to a Canadian pediatric emergency department. CJEM. 17(4):345-52.
- Randall JR, Rowe BH, Dong KA, Colman I. (2014). Recent self-harm and psychological measures in the emergency department. PeerJ. 2:e667.
- Mabood N, Ali S, Dong KA, Wild TC, Newton AS. (2013). Experiences of pediatric emergency physicians in providing alcohol-related care to adolescents in the emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(12):1260-5.
- Newton AS, Dong K, Mabood N, Ata N, Ali S, Gokiert R, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2013 ). Brief emergency department interventions for youth who use alcohol and other drugs: a systematic review. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(5):673-84.
- Randall JR, Rowe BH, Dong KA, Nock MK, Colman I. (2013). Assessment of self-harm risk using implicit thoughts. Psychol Assess. 25(3):714-21.
- Salvalaggio G, Dong K, Vandenberghe C, Kirkland S, Mramor K, Brown T, Taylor M, McKim R, Cummings GG, Wild TC. (2013). Enhancing screening, brief intervention, and referral to treatment among socioeconomically disadvantaged patients: study protocol for a knowledge exchange intervention involving patients and physicians. BMC Health Serv Res. 3:108.
- Ali S, Rosychuk RJ, Dong KA, McGrath PJ, Newton AS. (2012). Temporal trends in pediatric mental health visits: using longitudinal data to inform emergency department health care planning. Pediatr Emerg Care. 28(7):620-5.
- Newton AS, Rosychuk RJ, Dong K, Curran J, Slomp M, McGrath PJ. (2012). Emergency health care use and follow-up among sociodemographic groups of children who visit emergency departments for mental health crises. CMAJ. 184(12):E665-74.
- Yu AY, Ata N, Dong K, Newton AS. (2010). A Description of Emergency Care Received by Children and Youth with Mental Health Presentations for Alcohol and Other Drug use in two Alberta Emergency Departments. J Can Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 19(4):290-6.
- Newton AS, Gokiert R, Mabood N, Ata N, Dong K, Ali S, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2011). Instruments to detect alcohol and other drug misuse in the emergency department: a systematic review. Pediatrics. 128(1):e180-92.