- Brooks HL, Husband C, Taylor M, Sherrin A, Hyshka E. (2020). Supporting the full participation of people who use drugs in policy fora: provision of a temporary, conference-based overdose prevention site. In press. International Journal of Drug Policy.
- Pawliuk C, Park M, Buxton JA on behalf of the Overdose Crisis Knowledge Synthesis Working Group. (2020). Legal approaches and government policies enacted to address the overdose epidemic: A scoping review protocol. JBI Evidence Synthesis. doi: 10.11124/JBISRIR-D-19-00296.
- Virani, H. N., & Haines-Saah, R. J. (2020). Drug Decriminalization: A Matter of Justice and Equity, Not Just Health. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. 58(1), 161-164.
- Hyshka, E., Anderson-Baron, J., Pugh, A., Belle-Isle, L., Hathaway, A., Pauly, B., . . . Wild, T. (2019). Principles, practice, and policy vacuums: Policy actor views on provincial/territorial harm reduction policy in Canada. International Journal of Drug Policy. 71, 142-149.
- Jutras-Aswad, D., Le Foll, B., Bruneau, J., Wild, T., Wood, E., & Fischer, B. (2019). Thinking Beyond Legalization: The Case for Expanding Evidence-Based Options for Cannabis Use Disorder Treatment in Canada. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. Revue Canadienne De Psychiatrie. 64(2), 82-87.
- McGetrick JA, Raine KD, Wild TC, Nykiforuk CIJ. (2019). Advancing Strategies for Agenda Setting by Health Policy Coalitions: A Network Analysis of the Canadian Chronic Disease Prevention Survey. Health Commun. 34(11), 1303-1312.
- Morris H, Hagen L, Hyshka E, Francescutti LH. (2019). Empowering Students and Influencing Policy Change Through Experiential Public Health Advocacy Education. J Nurs Educ. 58(12), 698-703.
- Watson TM, Valleriani J, Hyshka E, Rueda S. (2019). Cannabis legalization in the provinces and territories: Missing opportunities to effectively educate youth? Canadian Journal of Public Health. 110(4), 472-475.
- Watson TM, Hyshka E, Bonato S, Rueda S. (2019). Early-stage cannabis regulatory policy planning across Canada’s four largest provinces: A descriptive overview. Substance Use & Misuse. 54(10), 1691-1704.
- Wild, C., Kozie, J., Anderson-Barron, J., Hathaway, J., McCurdy, A., Xu, X., . . . Hyshka, E. (2019). Media coverage of harm reduction, 2000-2016: A content analysis of tone, topics, and interventions in Canadian print news. Drug and Alcohol Dependence. 205, 107599.
- Lafferty, L., Rance, J., Wild, T.C., & Treolar, C. (2018). A policy analysis exploring hepatitis C risk, prevention, testing and treatment, and reinfection within Australia’s prisons. Harm Reduction Journal, 15(1), 39.
- Hyshka, E., Anderson-Baron,J., Karekezi, K., Belle-Isle, L., Elliott, R., Pauly, B., Strike, C., Asbridge, M., Dell, C., McBride, K., Hathaway, A., & Wild, T.C. (2017). Harm reduction in name but not substance: A comparative analysis of Canadian provincial and territorial policy frameworks. Harm Reduction Journal, 14,50.
- Rafferty, E., Bonner, A., Code, J., McBride, K., Andkhoie, M., Tikoo, R., McClean, S., Dell, C., Szafron, M., Faraq, M. (2017). Factors Influencing Risky Single Occasion Drinking in Canada and Policy Implications. Archives of Public Health. 75:22 pp.1-11.
- Wild, T., Pauly, B., Belle-Isle, L., Cavalieri, W., Elliott, R., Strike, C., Tupper, K., Hathaway, A., Dell, C., MacPherson, D., Sinclair, C., Karekezi, K., Tan, B., Hyshka, E. (2017) Canadian Harm Reduction Policies: A Comparative Content Analysis of Provincial and Territorial Documents, 2000-2015”. International Journal of Drug Policy. 45, 9-17.
- Kirst M, Kolar K, Chaiton M, Schwartz R, Emerson B, Hyshka E, Jesseman R, Lucas P, Solomon R, Thomas G. (2016). A common public health-oriented policy framework for cannabis, alcohol and tobacco in Canada? Can J Public Health. 106(8):e474-6.
- Raine KD, Nykiforuk CI, Vu-Nguyen K, Nieuwendyk LM, VanSpronsen E, Reed S, Wild TC. (2014). Understanding key influencers’ attitudes and beliefs about healthy public policy change for obesity prevention. Obesity. 22(11), 2426-33.
- Hyshka E, Butler-McPhee J, Elliott R, Wood E, Kerr T. (2012). Canada moving backwards on illegal drugs. Can J Public Health. 103(2), 125-7.
- C. Dell, T. Lyons, K. Cayer. (2010). The Role of ‘Kijigabandan’ and ‘Manadjitowin’ in Understanding Harm Reduction Policies and Programs for Aboriginal Peoples. Native Social Work Journal. 7, pp. 109-138.
- Hyshka E. (2009). The Saga Continues: Canadian Legislative Attempts to Reform Cannabis Law in the Twenty-First Century. Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice. 51(1), 73–91.
- Hyshka, E. (2009). Turning failure into success: what does the case of Western Australia tell us about Canadian cannabis policy-making? Policy Studies. 30(5), 513–531.
- Wild, T.C. (2006). Social control and coercion in addiction treatment: towards evidence-based policy and practice. Addiction. 101, 40-49.