- Jenkins, El, Slemon, A., Morris, H., Hyshka, E., Schulz, P., Haines-Saah, R.J. (2020). Bereaved mothers’ engagement in drug policy reform: A multisite qualitative analysis. International Journal of Drug Policy. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.drugpo.2020.103011.
- Virani HN, Haines-Saah RJ. (2020). Drug Decriminalization: A Matter of Justice and Equity, Not Just Health. Am J Prev Med. 58(1):161-164.
- Haines-Saah R. (2019). Cannabis and Mental Health: Insights from Canadian Research. Can J Psychiatry. 64(5):302-303.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Mitchell S, Slemon A, Jenkins EK. (2019). ‘Parents are the best prevention’? Troubling assumptions in cannabis policy and prevention discourses in the context of legalization in Canada. Int J Drug Policy. 68:132-138.
- Jenkins E, McGuinness L, Haines-Saah R, Andres C, Ziemann MJ, Morris J, Waddell C. (2019). Equipping youth for meaningful policy engagement: an environmental scan. Health Promot Int.
- Lake S, Kerr T, Werb D, Haines-Saah R, Fischer B, Thomas G, Walsh Z, Ware MA, Wood E, Milloy MJ. (2019). Guidelines for public health and safety metrics to evaluate the potential harms and benefits of cannabis regulation in Canada. Drug Alcohol Rev. 38(6):606-621.
- Ng CK, Haines-Saah RJ, Knight RE, Shoveller JA, Johnson JL. (2019). “It’s not my business”: Exploring heteronormativity in young people’s discourses about lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer issues and their implications for youth health and wellbeing. Health (London). 23(1):39-57.
- Slemon A, Jenkins EK, Haines-Saah RJ, Daly Z, Jiao S. (2019).“You can’t chain a dog to a porch”: a multisite qualitative analysis of youth narratives of parental approaches to substance use. Harm Reduct J. 16(1):26.
- Jenkins EK, Slemon A, Haines-Saah RJ, Oliffe J. (2018). A Guide to Multisite Qualitative Analysis. Qual Health Res. 28(12):1969-1977.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Jenkins EK. (2018). Setting the Legal Age for Access to Cannabis in Canada: Bridging Neuroscience, Policy, and Prevention. Neuropsychopharmacology. 43(1):213-214.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Bell K. (2017). Challenging key assumptions embedded in Health Canada’s cigarette packaging legislation: Findings from in situ interviews with smokers in Vancouver. Can J Public Health. 107(6):e562-e567.
- Spackman E, Haines-Saah R, Danthurebandara VM, Dowsett LE, Noseworthy T, Clement FM. (2017). Marijuana Use and Perceptions of Risk and Harm: A Survey among Canadians in 2016. Healthc Policy. 13(1):17-27.
- Ahmed S, Haines-Saah RJ, Afzal AR, Tam-Tham H, Al Mamun M, Hemmelgarn BR, Turin TC. (2017). User-driven conversations about dialysis through Facebook: A qualitative thematic analysis. Nephrology. 22(4):301-307.
- Jenkins EK, Slemon A, Haines-Saah RJ. (2017). Developing harm reduction in the context of youth substance use: insights from a multi-site qualitative analysis of young people’s harm minimization strategies. Harm Reduct J. 14(1):53.
- Milne A, Weijs CA, Haines-Saah RJ, McLaren L. (2017). Parents’ online discussions about children’s dental caries: A critical content analysis. Can J Public Health. 108(3):e265-e272.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Kelly MT, Oliffe JL, Bottorff JL. (2015). Picture Me Smokefree: a qualitative study using social media and digital photography to engage young adults in tobacco reduction and cessation. J Med Internet Res. 17(1):e27.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Bell K, Dennis S. (2015). A qualitative content analysis of cigarette health warning labels in Australia, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the United States. Am J Public Health. 105(2):e61-9.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Moffat B, Jenkins EK, Johnson JL. (2014). The Influences of Health Beliefs and Identity on Adolescent Marijuana and Tobacco Co-Use. Qual Health Res. 24(7):946-956.
Haines-Saah RJ, Johnson JL, Repta R, Ostry A, Young ML, Shoveller J, Sawatzky R, Greaves L, Ratner PA. (2019).The privileged normalization of marijuana use – an analysis of Canadian newspaper reporting, 1997-2007. Crit Public Health. 24(1):47-61.
- Bottorff JL, Haines-Saah R, Kelly MT, Oliffe JL, Torchalla I, Poole N, Greaves L, Robinson CA, Ensom MH, Okoli CT, Phillips JC. (2014). Gender, smoking and tobacco reduction and cessation: a scoping review. Int J Equity Health. 13:114.
- Haines-Saah RJ, Oliffe JL, White CF, Bottorff JL. (2013). “It is just not part of the culture here”: young adults’ photo-narratives about smoking, quitting, and healthy lifestyles in Vancouver, Canada. Health Place. 22:19-28.