Tobacco, Nicotine & Smoking Publications
- First Nations Information Governance Centre, Dell, C., Wright, L. (in press). Smoking Among First Nations Youth Living On-Reserve and in Northern Communities: A Mixed Methods Study. The International Indigenous Policy Journal.
- Montreuil A, MacDonald M, Asbridge M, Wild TC, Hammond D, Manske S, Rutherford E. (2017). Prevalence and correlates of electronic cigarette use among Canadian students: cross-sectional findings from the 2014/15 Canadian Student Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Survey. CMAJ Open. 5(2),E460-E467.
- Boothby CA, Kim HS, Romanow NK, Hodgins DC, McGrath DS. (2017). Assessing the role of impulsivity in smoking & non-smoking disordered gamblers. Addict Behav. 70,35-41.
- Kirst M, Kolar K, Chaiton M, Schwartz R, Emerson B, Hyshka E, Jesseman R, Lucas P, Solomon R, Thomas G. (2016). A common public health-oriented policy framework for cannabis, alcohol and tobacco in Canada? Can J Public Health. 106(8):e474-6.
- Hammal F, Wild TC, Nykiforuk C, Abdullahi K, Mussie D, Finegan BA. (2016). Waterpipe (Hookah) Smoking Among Youth and Women in Canada is New, not Traditional. Nicotine Tob Res. 18(5),757-62.
- Hammal F, Wild TC, Finegan BA. (2016). Knowledge About the Waterpipe (Hookah), a Qualitative Assessment Among Community Workers in a Major Urban Center in Canada. J Community Health. 41(4),689-96.
- Hammal F, Ezekowitz JA, Norris CM, Wild TC, Finegan BA; APPROACH Investigators. (2014). Smoking status and survival: impact on mortality of continuing to smoke one year after the angiographic diagnosis of coronary artery disease, a prospective cohort study. BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 14, 133.
- Sheffer CE, Christensen DR, Landes R, Carter LP, Jackson L, Bickel WK. (2014). Delay discounting rates: a strong prognostic indicator of smoking relapse. Addict Behav. 39(11):1682-9.
- Vanderhoek AJ, Hammal F, Chappell A, Wild TC, Raupach T, Finegan BA. (2013). Future physicians and tobacco: an online survey of the habits, beliefs and knowledge base of medical students at a Canadian University. Tob Induc Dis. 11(1), 9.
- Sachs R, Wild TC, Thomas L, Hammal F, Finegan BA. (2012).Smoking cessation interventions in the pre-admission clinic: assessing two approaches. Can J Anaesth. 59(7), 662-9.
- Sheffer C, Mackillop J, McGeary J, Landes R, Carter L, Yi R, Jones B, Christensen D, Stitzer M, Jackson L, Bickel W. (2012). Delay discounting, locus of control, and cognitive impulsiveness independently predict tobacco dependence treatment outcomes in a highly dependent, lower socioeconomic group of smokers. Am J Addict. 21(3):221-32.
- Burstyn I, Kapur N, Shalapay C, Bamforth F, Wild TC, Liu J, LeGatt D. (2009). Evaluation of the accuracy of self-reported smoking in pregnancy when the biomarker level in an active smoker is uncertain. Nicotine Tob Res. 11(6), 670-8.
- Plotnikoff RC, Lippke S, Prodaniuk T, Wild TC, Barrett JE. (2007). Demographic, health, and behavioral factors associated with smoking in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Am J Health Behav. 31(1), 13-23.
- Westmaas JL, Ferrence R, Wild TC. (2006). Autonomy (vs. sociotropy) and depressive symptoms in quitting smoking: evidence for trait-congruence and the role of gender. Addict Behav. 31(10), 1744-60.
- Currie SR, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Campbell W. (2001). Influence of depression and gender on smoking expectancies and temptations in alcoholics in early recovery. J Subst Abuse. 13(4):443-58.