- First Nations Information Governance Centre, Dell, C., Wright, L. (In Press). Smoking Among First Nations Youth Living On-Reserve and in Northern Communities: A Mixed Methods Study. The International Indigenous Policy Journal.
- Tremblay, M., Baydala, L., Khan, M., Currie, C., Morley, K., Burkholder, C., Davidson, R., Stillar, A. (2020). Primary Substance Use Prevention Programs for Children and Youth: A Systematic Review. Pediatrics. 146(3). e20192747.
- Malla A, Iyer S, Shah J, Joober R, Boksa P, Lal S, Fuhrer R, Andersson N, Abdel-Baki A, Hutt-MacLeod D, Beaton A, Reaume-Zimmer P, Chisholm-Nelson J, Rousseau C, Chandrasena R, Bourque J, Aubin D, Levasseur MA, Winkelmann I, Etter M, Kelland J,Tait C, Torrie J, Vallianatos H; ACCESS Open Minds Youth Mental Health Network. (2019). Canadian response to need for transformation of youth mental health services: ACCESS Open Minds (Esprits ouverts). Early Interv Psychiatry. 13(3):697-706.
- Morris H, Hagen L, Hyshka E, Francescutti LH. (2019). Empowering Students and Influencing Policy Change Through Experiential Public Health Advocacy Education. J Nurs Educ. 58(12), 698-703.
- Watson TM, Valleriani J, Hyshka E, Rueda S. (2019). Cannabis legalization in the provinces and territories: Missing opportunities to effectively educate youth? Canadian Journal of Public Health. 110(4), 472-475.
- Malla A, Shah J, Iyer S, Boksa P, Joober R, Andersson N, Lal S, Fuhrer R. (2018). Youth Mental Health Should Be a Top Priority for Health Care in Canada. Can J Psychiatry. 63(4):216-222.
- Mutti-Packer, S. , Collyer, B. & Hodgins, D. C. (2018). Perceptions of plain packaging and health waning labels for cannabis among young adults: Findings from an experimental study. BMC Public Health. 18(1).
- Newton, A.S., Mushquash, C., Krank, M., Wild, T.C., Dyson, M., Hartling, L., & Stewart, S.H. (2018). When and how do brief alcohol interventions in primary care reduce alcohol use and alcohol-related consequences among adolescents? Journal of Pediatrics. 197, 221-232.
- Montreuil A, MacDonald M, Asbridge M, Wild TC, Hammond D, Manske S, Rutherford E. (2017). Prevalence and correlates of electronic cigarette use among Canadian students: cross-sectional findings from the 2014/15 Canadian Student Tobacco, Alcohol and Drugs Survey. CMAJ Open. 5(2),E460-E467.
- Mutti-Packer S, Hodgins DC, El-Guebaly N, Casey DM, Currie SR, Williams RJ, Smith GJ, Schopflocher DP. (2017). Problem gambling symptomatology and alcohol misuse among adolescents: A parallel-process latent growth curve model. Psychol Addict Behav. 31(4),447-456.
- Newton, A.S., Dow, N., Dong, K., Rosychuk, R.J., Pitzpatrick, E., Wild, T.C., Johnson, D.W., Ali, S., & Colman, I. (2017). A randomized controlled pilot trial evaluating feasibility and acceptability of a computer-based tool to identify and reduce harmful and hazardous drinking among adolescents with alcohol-related presentations in Canadian pediatric emergency departments. BMJ Open, 7:e015423.
- Hammal F, Wild TC, Nykiforuk C, Abdullahi K, Mussie D, Finegan BA. (2016). Waterpipe (Hookah) Smoking Among Youth and Women in Canada is New, not Traditional. Nicotine Tob Res. 18(5),757-62
- Silverstone, P.H., Suen, V.Y.M., Ashton, C.K., Hamza, D.M., Martin, E.K. & Rittenbach, K.A. (2016). Are complex multimodal interventions the best treatments for mental health disorders in children and youth? Journal of Child & Adolescent Behavior. 4(4).
- Adams C, Arratoon C, Boucher J, Cartier G, Chalmers D, Dell CA, Dell D, Dryka D, Duncan R, Dunn K, Hopkins C, Longclaws L, MacKinnon T, Sauve E, Spence S, Wuttunee M. (2015). The Helping Horse: How Equine Assisted Learning Contributes to the Wellbeing of First Nations Youth in Treatment for Volatile Substance Misuse. Hum Anim Interact Bull. 1(1):52-75.
- C. Dell, D. Chalmers, J. Gillett, B. Rohr, C. Nickel, L. Campbell, R. Hanoski, J. Haguerud, A. Husband, C. Stephenson, M. Brydges. (2015). PAWSing student stress: A Pilot Study of the St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog Program on Three Canadian Campuses. Canadian Journal of Counselling and Psychotherapy. 49:4, pp. 332-359.
- Robertson-Boersma D, Butt P, Dell CA. (2015). Reflections on How a University Binge Drinking Prevention Initiative Supports Alcohol Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral for Student Alcohol Use. Yale J Biol Med. 88(3):339-46.
- Wickham ME, Senthilselvan A, Wild TC, Hoglund WL, Colman I. (2015). Maternal depressive symptoms during childhood and risky adolescent health behaviors. Pediatrics. 135(1), 59-67.
- Dell CA, Duncan CR, DesRoches A, Bendig M, Steeves M, Turner H, Quaife T, McCann C, Enns B. (2013). Back to the basics: identifying positive youth development as the theoretical framework for a youth drug prevention program in rural Saskatchewan, Canada amidst a program evaluation. Subst Abuse Treat Prev Policy. 8:36.
- Hodgins DC, Racicot S. (2013). The link between drinking and gambling among undergraduate university students. Psychol Addict Behav. 27(3),885-92.
- Mabood N, Ali S, Dong KA, Wild TC, Newton AS. (2013). Experiences of pediatric emergency physicians in providing alcohol-related care to adolescents in the emergency department. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(12), 1260-5.
- Newton AS, Dong K, Mabood N, Ata N, Ali S, Gokiert R, Vandermeer B, Tjosvold L, Hartling L, Wild TC. (2013). Brief emergency department interventions for youth who use alcohol and other drugs: a systematic review. Pediatr Emerg Care. 29(5), 673-84.
- North CR, Wild TC, Zwaigenbaum L, Colman I. (2013). Early neurodevelopment and self-reported adolescent symptoms of depression and anxiety in a National Canadian Cohort Study. PLoS One. 8(2), e56804.
- Currie CL, Wild TC. (2012). Adolescent use of prescription drugs to get high in Canada. Can J Psychiatry. 57(12):745-51.
2011 and earlier
- Casey DM, Williams RJ, Mossière AM, Schopflocher DP, El-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC, Smith GJ, Wood RT. (2011). The role of family, religiosity, and behavior in adolescent gambling. J Adolesc. 34(5):841-51.
- Chalmers and C. Dell. (2011). Equine-Assisted Therapy as an Adjunct to Solvent Abuse Treatment for First Nations Youth: A Key Consideration for Building an Empirical Knowledge Base. Native Studies Review. Special invitation. 20(1), pp. 59-87.
- Currie CL, Wild TC, Schopflocher DP, Laing L, Veugelers PJ, Parlee B, McKennitt DW. (2011). Enculturation and alcohol use problems among aboriginal university students. Can J Psychiatry. 56(12), 735-42.
- Dell CA, Seguin M, Hopkins C, Tempier R, Mehl-Madrona L, Dell D, Duncan R, Mosier K. (2011). From benzos to berries: treatment offered at an Aboriginal youth solvent abuse treatment centre relays the importance of culture. Can J Psychiatry. 56(2),75-83.
- C. Dell, D. Chalmers, N. Bresette, S. Swain, D. Rankin, C. Hopkins. (2011). A Healing Space: The Experiences of First Nations and Inuit Youth with Equine-Assisted Learning (EAL). Child and Youth Care Forum. 40(2), pp. 319-336.
- Stea JN, Hodgins DC, Lambert MJ. (2011). Relations between delay discounting and low to moderate gambling, cannabis, and alcohol problems among university students. Behav Processes. 88(3):202-5.
- Dell, D. Chalmers, D. Dell, E. Sauve, T. MacKinnon. (2008). Horse as Healer: An Examination of Equine Assisted Learning in the Healing of First Nations Youth from Solvent Abuse. Pimitisiwin: A Journal of Indigenous and Aboriginal Community Health. 6(10), pp. 81-106.