- Burstyn I, Jonasi L, Wild TC. (2010). Obtaining compliance with occupational health and safety regulations: a multilevel study using self-determination theory. Int J Environ Health Res. 20(4), 271-87.
- Dell, C., Lyons,T., Cayer, K. (2010). The Role of ‘Kijigabandan’ and ‘Manadjitowin’ in Understanding Harm Reduction Policies and Programs for Aboriginal Peoples. Native Social Work Journal. 7,109-138.
- Erickson PG, Hyshka E. (2010). Four decades of cannabis criminals in Canada 1970-2010. Amsterdam Law Forum. 2(4):14.
- Hathaway A, Hyshka E, Erickson PG, Asbridge M, Brochu S, Cousineau MM, Duff C, Marsh D. (2010). Whither RDS? An investigation of Respondent Driven Sampling as a method of recruiting mainstream marijuana users. Harm Reduction Journal. 7:15.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2010). The influence of substance dependence and mood disorders on outcome from pathological gambling: five-year follow-up. J Gambl Stud. 26(1):117-27.
- Hodgins DC, Schopflocher DP, el-Guebaly N, Casey DM, Smith GJ, Williams RJ, Wood RT. (2010). The association between childhood maltreatment and gambling problems in a community sample of adult men and women. Psychol Addict Behav. 24(3):548-54.
- Joyce AS, Adair CE, Wild TC, McDougall GM, Gordon A, Costigan N, Pasmeny G. (2010). Continuity of care: validation of a self-report measure to assess clientperceptions of mental health service delivery. Community Ment Health J. 46(2), 192-208.
- Martin LJ, Houston S, Yasui Y, Wild TC, Saunders LD. (2010). Rates of initial virological suppression and subsequent virological failure after initiating highly active antiretroviral therapy: the impact of aboriginal ethnicity and injection drug use. Curr HIV Res. 8(8), 649-58.
- Niccols A, Dell CA, Clarke S. (2010). Treatment Issues for Aboriginal Mothers with Substance Use Problems and Their Children. Int J Ment Health Addict. 8(2),320-335.
- Raine KD, Plotnikoff R, Nykiforuk C, Deegan H, Hemphill E, Storey K, Schopflocher D, Veugelers P, Wild TC, Ohinmaa A. (2010). Reflections on community-based population health intervention and evaluation for obesity and chronic disease prevention: the Healthy Alberta Communities project. Int J Public Health. 55(6), 679-86.
- Suurvali H, Hodgins DC, Cunningham JA. (2010). Motivators for resolving or seeking help for gambling problems: a review of the empirical literature. J Gambl Stud. 26(1):1-33.
- Acoose S, Blunderfield D, Dell CA, Desjarlais V. (2009). Beginning with Our Voices: How the Experiential Stories of First Nations Women Contribute to a National Research Project. J Aborig Health. 4(2),35-43.
- Balster, S. Cruz, M. Howard, C. Dell, L. Cottler, (2009). Classification of Abused Inhalants. Addiction. 104(6), pp. 878-882(5).
- Burstyn I, Kapur N, Shalapay C, Bamforth F, Wild TC, Liu J, LeGatt D. (2009). Evaluation of the accuracy of self-reported smoking in pregnancy when the biomarker level in an active smoker is uncertain. Nicotine Tob Res. 11(6):670-8.
- Cunningham JA, Hodgins DC, Toneatto T, Rai A, Cordingley J. (2009). Pilot study of a personalized feedback intervention for problem gamblers. Behav Ther. 40(3):219-24.
- Dell, C., Fillmore, C., Kilty, J. (2009). Looking Back 10 Years After the Arbour Inquiry: Ideology, Policy, Practice and the ‘Misbehaved’ Federal Female Prisoner. The Prison Journal. 9(3):286-308.
- Diskin KM, Hodgins DC. (2009). A randomized controlled trial of a single session motivational intervention for concerned gamblers. Behav Res Ther. 47(5):382-8.
- Hodgins DC, Ching LE, McEwen J. (2009). Strength of commitment language in motivational interviewing and gambling outcomes. Psychol Addict Behav. 23(1):122-130.
- Hodgins DC, Currie SR, Currie G, Fick GH. (2009). Randomized trial of brief motivational treatments for pathological gamblers: More is not necessarily better. J Consult Clin Psychol. 77(5):950-960.
- Hodgins DC, Williams R, Munro G. (2009). Workplace responsibility, stress, alcohol availability and norms as predictors of alcohol consumption-related problems among employed workers. Subst Use Misuse. 44(14):2062-9.
- Hyshka E. (2009). The Saga Continues: Canadian Legislative Attempts to Reform Cannabis Law in the Twenty-First Century. Canadian Journal of Criminology and Criminal Justice.51(1), 73–91.
- Hyshka, E. (2009). Turning failure into success: what does the case of Western Australia tell us about Canadian cannabis policy-making? Policy Studies.30(5), 513–531.
- Sarkar M, Burnett M, Carrière S, Cox LV, Dell CA, Gammon H, Geller B, Koren G, Lee L, Midmer D, Mousmanis P, Schuurmans N, Senikas V, Soucy D, Wood R; Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder Advisory Workgroup. (2009). Screening and recording of alcohol use among women of child-bearing age and pregnant women. Can J Clin Pharmacol. 16(1),e242-63.
- Shead NW, Hodgins DC. (2009). Probability discounting of gains and losses: implications for risk attitudes and impulsivity. J Exp Anal Behav. 92(1):1-16.
- Wang F, Wild TC, Kipp W, Kuhle S, Veugelers PJ. (2009). The influence of childhood obesity on the development of self-esteem. Health Rep. 20(2), 21-7.
- Will Shead N, Hodgins DC. (2009). Affect-regulation expectancies among Gamblers. J Gambl Stud. 25(3):357-75.
- Callan MJ, Ellard JH, Will Shead N, Hodgins DC. (2008). Gambling as a search for justice: examining the role of personal relative deprivation in gambling urges and gambling behavior. Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 34(11):1514-29.
- Dell, D. Chalmers, D. Dell, E. Sauve, T. MacKinnon. (2008). Horse as Healer: An Examination of Equine Assisted Learning in the Healing of First Nations Youth from Solvent Abuse. Pimitisiwin: A Journal of Indigenous and Aboriginal Community Health. 6(10):81-106.
- El-Guebaly N, Casey DM, Hodgins DC, Smith GJ, Williams RJ, Schopflocher DP, Wood RT. (2008). Designing a longitudinal cohort study of gambling in Alberta: rationale, methods, and challenges. J Gambl Stud. 24(4):479-504.
- Hodgins DC, Peden N. (2008). Cognitive-behavioral treatment for impulse control disorders. Braz J Psychiatry. 30 Suppl 1:S31-40.
- Hodgins DC, Toneatto T, Makarchuk K, Skinner W, Vincent S. (2007). Minimal treatment approaches for concerned significant others of problem gamblers: a randomized controlled trial. J Gambl Stud. 23(2):215-30.
- Hodgins DC, Shead NW, Makarchuk K. (2007). Relationship satisfaction and psychological distress among concerned significant others of pathological gamblers. J Nerv Ment Dis. 195(1):65-71.
- Plotnikoff RC, Lippke S, Prodaniuk T, Wild TC, Barrett JE. (2007). Demographic, health, and behavioral factors associated with smoking in adults with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Am J Health Behav. 31(1), 13-23.
- Urbanoski KA, Rush BR, Wild TC, Bassani DG, Castel S. (2007). Use of mental health care services by Canadians with co-occurring substance dependence and mental disorders. Psychiatr Serv. 58(7), 962-9.
- Wild TC, Cunningham JA, Roberts AB. (2007). Controlled study of brief personalized assessment-feedback for drinkers interested in self-help. Addiction. 102(2), 241-50.
- Wozniak L, Prakash M, Taylor M, Wild TC. (2007). Everybody’s got it, but…: situational and strategic participation in normalized HCV discourse among injection drug users in Edmonton, Canada. Int J Drug Policy. 18(5), 388-96.
- Zilberman ML, Tavares H, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2007). The impact of gender, depression, and personality on craving. J Addict Dis. 26(1):79-84.
- Currie SR, Hodgins DC, Wang J, el-Guebaly N, Wynne H, Chen S. (2006). Risk of harm among gamblers in the general population as a function of level of participation in gambling activities. Addiction. 101(4):570-80.
- Hodgins DC, Mansley C, Thygesen K. (2006). Risk factors for suicide ideation and attempts among pathological gamblers. Am J Addict. 15(4):303-10.
- Walker M, Toneatto T, Potenza MN, Petry N, Ladouceur R, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Echeburua E, Blaszczynski A. (2006). A framework for reporting outcomes in problem gambling treatment research: the Banff, Alberta Consensus. Addiction. 101(4):504-11.
- Westmaas JL, Ferrence R, Wild TC. (2006). Autonomy (vs. sociotropy) and depressive symptoms in quitting smoking: evidence for trait-congruence and the role of gender. Addict Behav. 31(10), 1744-60.
- Wild TC, Cunningham JA, Ryan RM. (2006). Social pressure, coercion, and client engagement at treatment entry: a self-determination theory perspective. Addict Behav. 31(10), 1858-72.
- Wild TC. (2006). Social control and coercion in addiction treatment: towards evidence-based policy and practice. Addiction. 101(1), 40-9.
- Adair CE, McDougall GM, Mitton CR, Joyce AS, Wild TC, Gordon A, Costigan N, Kowalsky L, Pasmeny G, Beckie A. (2005). Continuity of care and health outcomes among persons with severe mental illness. Psychiatr Serv. 56(9), 1061-9.
- Hodgins DC, Peden N, Cassidy E. (2005). The association between comorbidity and outcome in pathological gambling: a prospective follow-up of recent quitters. J Gambl Stud. 21(3):255-71.
- Leri F, Stewart J, Fischer B, Jürgen R, Marsh DC, Brissette S, Bruneau J, El-Guebaly N, Noël L, Tyndall MW, Wild TC. (2005). Patterns of opioid and cocaine co-use: a descriptive study in a Canadian sample of untreated opioid-dependent individuals. Exp Clin Psychopharmacol. 13(4), 303-10.
- Tavares H, Zilberman ML, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2005). Comparison of craving between pathological gamblers and alcoholics. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 29(8):1427-31.
- Wild TC, el-Guebaly N, Fischer B, Brissette S, Brochu S, Bruneau J, Noël L, Rehm J, Tyndall M, Mun P. (2005). Comorbid depression among untreated illicit opiate users: results from a multisite Canadian study. Can J Psychiatry. 50(9), 512-8.
- Cormier RA, Dell CA, Poole N. (2004). Women and Substance Abuse Problems. BMC Womens Health.4 Suppl 1:S8.
- Currie SR, Clark S, Hodgins DC, El-Guebaly N. (2004). Randomized controlled trial of brief cognitive-behavioural interventions for insomnia in recovering alcoholics. Addiction. 99(9):1121-32.
- Hodgins DC, Currie S, el-Guebaly N, Peden N. (2004 ). Brief motivational treatment for problem gambling: A 24-month follow-up. Psychol Addict Behav. 18(3):293-6.
- Wild TC, Roberts AB, Cunningham J, Schopflocher D, Pazderka-Robinson H. (2004). Alcohol problems and interest in self-help: A population study of Alberta adults. Can J Public Health. 95(2), 127-32.
- Currie SR, Hodgins DC, Crabtree A, Jacobi J, Armstrong S. (2003). Outcome from integrated pain management treatment for recovering substance abusers. J Pain. 4(2):91-100.
- Hodgins DC, Makarchuk K. (2003). Trusting problem gamblers: reliability and validity of self-reported gambling behavior. Psychol Addict Behav. 17(3):244-8.
- Wild TC. (2003). Drinking patterns and problems: A search for meaningful interdisciplinary studies. Can J Nurs Res. 35(1), 83-8.
- Cunningham JA, Koski-Jännes A, Wild TC, Cordingley J. (2002). Treating alcohol problems with self-help materials: a population study. J Stud Alcohol. 63(6), 649-54.
- Currie SR, Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Campbell W. (2001). Influence of depression and gender on smoking expectancies and temptations in alcoholics in early recovery. J Subst Abuse. 13(4):443-58.
- Hodgins DC, Currie SR, el-Guebaly N. (2001). Motivational enhancement and self-help treatments for problem gambling. J Consult Clin Psychol. 69(1):50-7.
- Hodgins DC. (2001). Processes of changing gambling behavior. Addict Behav. 2001 Jan-Feb;26(1):121-8.
- Hodgins DC. (2001). Stages of change assessments in alcohol problems: Agreement across self- and clinician-reports. Subst Abus. 22(2):87-96.
- Hodgins DC, Dufour M, Armstrong S. (2000). The reliability and validity of the inventory to diagnose depression in alcohol-dependent men and women. J Subst Abuse. 11(4):369-78.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (2000). Natural and treatment-assisted recovery from gambling problems: a comparison of resolved and active gamblers. Addiction. 95(5):777-89.
1999 and earlier
- Campbell WG, Hodgins DC. (1993). Alcohol-related blackouts in a medical practice. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 19(3):369-76.
- el-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC. (1992). Schizophrenia and substance abuse: prevalence issues. Can J Psychiatry. 37(10):704-10.
- el-Guebaly N, Hodgins DC, Armstrong S, Addington J. (1999). Methodological and clinical challenges in evaluating treatment outcome of substance-related disorders and comorbidity. Can J Psychiatry. 44(3):264-70.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Armstrong S, Dufour M. (1999). Implications of depression on outcome from alcohol dependence: a 3-year prospective follow-up. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 23(1):151-7.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Addington J. (1997). Treatment of substance abusers: single or mixed gender programs? Addiction. 92(7):805-12. Review.
- Hodgins DC, Leigh G, Milne R, Gerrish R. (1997). Drinking goal selection in behavioral self-management treatment of chronic alcoholics. Addict Behav. 22(2):247-55.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N, Armstrong S. (1995). Prospective and retrospective reports of mood states before relapse to substance use. J Consult Clin Psychol. 63(3):400-7.
- Hodgins DC, el-Guebaly N. (1992). More data on the Addiction Severity Index. Reliability and validity with the mentally ill substance abuser. J Nerv Ment Dis. 180(3):197-201.
- Leigh G, Hodgins DC, Milne R, Gerrish R. (1999). Volunteer assistance in the treatment of chronic alcoholism. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 25(3):543-59. Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse. 25(3):543-59.
- Wild TC. (1999). Compulsory substance-user treatment and harm reduction: a critical analysis. Subst Use Misuse. 34(1), 83-102.