- Bahji A, Brietzke E, Soares C, Stuart H. Biomarkers of addiction: a narrative review. Canadian Journal of Addiction.
- Bahji A. Alcohol-related emergency department visits: a descriptive prevalence study. Canadian Journal of Addiction.
- Mauer-Vakil D, Bahji A. The addictive potential of online pornography use: a narrative review. Canadian Journal of Addiction.
- Bahji A, Chinna-Meyyappan A, Hawken E. (2020). Cannabinoids for the neuropsychiatric symptoms of dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 65(6): 365-376.
- Bahji A, Chinna-Meyyappan A, Hawken E. (2020). Efficacy and acceptability of cannabinoids for anxiety disorders in adults: a systematic review & meta-analysis. Journal of Psychiatric Research. 129:257-264.
- Bahji A, Danilewitz M, Crockford D. (2020). Response to Canadian Psychiatric Association. Opioid Use Disorder Position Statement: More than Just Collaborators in Care. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry. 59:37-50.
- Danilewitz M, Bahji A. (2020). Unexpected turn of events: graduating in the COVID-19 era. Canadian Journal of Medical Education.
- Bahji A, Cheng B, Gray S, Stuart H. (2020). Mortality among people with opioid use disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. American Journal of Addiction Medicine. 14(4):e118-e132.
- Bahji A, Reshetukha T, Newman A, Good L, Gupta P, Haffey S, Gingrich T, Hicks M, Zuoros I, Reid R, Majere R, Fraser S. (2020). The Substance Treatment and Recovery Team (START): measuring the effectiveness and feasibility of an inpatient addiction consult service at an academic general hospital. General Hospital Psychiatry. S0163-8343(20)30070-0.
- Bahji A, Yanagawa B, Lamba W. (2020). Harm Reduction for Injection Drug Users with Infective Endocarditis: A Systematic Review. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 11(2): 13- 23.
- Bahji A. (2020). Methamphetamine-Related Emergency Department Visits Requiring Psychiatric Admission: A Retrospective Cohort Study. International Journal of Mental Health and Addiction. 18(1): 1-10.
- Bahji A. (2020). Incidence and correlates of opioid-related psychiatric emergency care: a retrospective, multi-year cohort study. Journal of Opioid Management. 16(3): 223-226.
- Bahji A, Stephenson C, Tyo R, Hawken ER, Seitz D. (2020). Prevalence of cannabis withdrawal among regular or dependent users of cannabinoids: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Journal of the American Medical Association—Open Network. 3(4): 3095.
- Bahji A. (2020). Commentary on Hayes et al. (2019): The harms of opioid dose escalation in the management of chronic non-cancer pain. Addiction. 115(6): 1113-1114.
- Bahji A, Carlone D, Altomare J. (2020). Acceptability and efficacy of naltrexone for criminal justice-involved individuals with opioid use disorder: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Addiction. 115(8): 1413-1425.
- Bahji A. (2019). Incidence and correlates of cannabinoid-related psychiatric emergency care: a retrospective, multi-year cohort study. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 11 (1), 14-18.
- Bahji A, Stephenson C. (2019). International perspectives on the implications of cannabis legalization: A systematic review & thematic analysis. International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health. 16(17): 3095.
- Bahji A, Cheng B, Gray S, Stuart H. (2019). Reduction in mortality risk with opioid agonist therapy: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Acta Psychiatrica Scandinavica. 140(4): 313-339.
- Bahji A, Forsyth A, Hawken E, Groll D. (2019). Efficacy of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine for post-traumatic stress disorder: a systematic review & meta-analysis. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry. 19(96): 109735.
- Bahji A, Camire D. (2019). The Local Response to the Canadian Opioid Epidemic in the Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox & Addington communities. Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention in Canada. 39(12): 333-336.
- Bahji A. (2019). Commentary on Stockings et al. The global amphetamine epidemic-a rising tide of mortality. Addiction. 114(10): 1751-1752.
- Bahji A. (2019). Effectiveness of Naltrexone for Opioid Use Disorder among Inmates: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Journal of Advancement in Criminal Justice. 2:73-92.
- Bahji A, Bajaj N. (2019). The value of hospitalization in the opioid epidemic: a scoping review. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 10(2): 6-17.
- Elbatarny M, Bahji A, Bisleri G, Hamilton A. (2019). Management of endocarditis among persons who inject drugs: A narrative review of surgical and psychiatric approaches and controversies. General Hospital Psychiatry. 57: 44-49.
- Bahji A, Mazhar MN, Hudson C, Nadkarni P, McNeil B, Hawken E. (2019). Prevalence of substance use comorbidity in individuals with eating disorders: A systematic review & meta-analysis. Psychiatry Research. 273: 58-66.
- Bahji A, Lusty E, Majere RA, Newman A, Reshetukha T, Carvalhal A. (2019). Piloting an Addictions Medicine Consultation Team in Kingston, Ontario, Canada: Results of an Inpatient Needs Assessment. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 10(1):29–32.
- Bahji A. (2019). An Epidemic of Incompetence: A Critical Review of Addictions Curriculum in Canadian Residency. MedEd Publish. 8(1).
- Bahji A, Bajaj N. (2018). Opioids on trial: A systematic review of interventions for the treatment and prevention of opioid overdose. Canadian Journal of Addiction. 9(1): 26-33.
- Bahji A, Hargreaves T, Finch S. (2018). Assessing the Utility of Drug Screening in the Emergency: A Short Report. British Medical Journal Open Quality. 7: e000414.
- Yanagawa B, Bahji A, Lamba W, Tan D, Cheema A, Syed I, Verma S. (2018). Endocarditis in the Setting of Injection Drug Use: Multidisciplinary Management. Current Opinions in Cardiology. 33(2): 140-147.
- Bahji A, Camire D. (2018). Letter to the Editor: A Case for Opioid Education and Training for Medical Students, Residents, and Allied Health Staff: Response To “Educational Intervention for Physicians to Address the Risk of Opioid Abuse.” Journal of Opioid Management. 14(3): 157.
- Bahji A, Scimeca M, Hurley B, Penders T, Stanciu C. (2018). A Case of Synthetic Cannabinoid Abuse: Summary of Case Conference from American Academy of Addictions Psychiatry 2017 Annual Meeting. American Journal on Addictions. 27: 265-272.
2017 and earlier
- Bahji A, Bajaj N. (2017). Historical, Clinical, and Public Health Considerations of ‘Bath Salt’ Use: An Emerging Drug of Abuse. The Canadian Journal of Addiction. 8(1): 6-11.
- Bahji A, Mazhar MN. (2016). Treatment of Cannabis Dependence with Synthetic Cannabinoids: A Systematic Review. Canadian Journal of Addictions. 7(4):8-13.
- Bahji A, Wood E, Ahamad K, Dong H, DeBeck K, Milloy MJ, Kerr T, Hayashi K. (2015). Increasing awareness about HIV prevention among young people who initiated injection drug use in a Canadian setting, 1988-2014. The International Journal of Drug Policy. 26(12): 1258-1264.