FEATURED EVENTS: CRISM 2.0 Transition
It is our great pleasure to share the very good news that CRISM Prairies and the national CRISM network are renewed for an additional six-years!
The Prairie Node team would like to thank each member of the network for providing ideas, feedback, and support during the renewal application process. We look forward to collaborating with new partners and enhancing existing relationships during this next phase. There are now five nodes in the network including: British Columbia (NPI Evan Wood), Prairies (NPI David Hodgins), Ontario (NPI Jürgen Rehm), Quebec (NPI Julie Bruneau), and Atlantic (NPI Sherry Stewart).
Congratulations to the CRISM Prairies network! We look forward to this important work ahead!
- The Research Development Grant program is offering six $10,000 grants this year, with review taking place 4 times per year.
- We will be offering six $2,000 Knowledge Translation grants as well on a first-come first-served basis.
- We will continue the CRISM-AHS Advancement of Analytics in Substance Use program
- View the 2022 report here.
- Be sure to visit our publications page where we host 100s of publications from Node members, available here.
- CRISM’s first clinical trial is complete and the first publication is available here.
- We continue to update the six CRISM COVID-19 Rapid Guidance Documents available here.
- CRISM will be updating the 2018 National Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Guideline.
- COVID-19 Information
- CRISM National Rapid Guidance Program
- Harm Reduction Resource Hub
- BCCSU Resources
- Clinical Guidance for Substance Users
- Manitoba Harm Reduction Network
- CCSA Resources and Webinar Series
- ISMP Canada
Apr 8 2019; May 21, 2019; July 8, 2019; Nov 26, 2019; Apr 20 2020
FEATURED EVENTS: NEW VIDEO & AUDIO PRESENTATIONS
PLEASE JOIN US IN LISTENING TO THE PERSPECTIVES OF THOSE AFFECTED BY SUBSTANCE USE.
A Coherent & Effective Performance Measurement Framework for Mental Health and Addictions in Canada: Inevitable or Impossible? Poster – February 2020 Knowledge Bites – Dr. Carol Adair
Health Canada Professional Learning Resource On Caring for Patients with Substance Use: Bevel Up
Canadian Centre on Substance Use and Addiction (CCSA): Podcast Series
ADDICTION FOUNDATION OF MANITOBA: WEBINAR SERIES
Video series: “See The Lives“.
Video series: “On the front link of the addiction crisis in saskatchewan“.
Podcast series: “Crackdown” and “SayKnow”
University of Alberta Opioid Forum.
Saskatchewan Union of Nurses documentary series.
Apr 15 2019; May 27 2019; Aug 12, 2019; Dec 16, 2019; Dec 2, 2020
FEATURED EVENTS: TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES
UBC ADDICTIONS AND CONCURRENT DISORDERS RESEARCH GROUP PRESENTS HIGH RISK SUBSTANCE USE AND OVERDOSE AMONG YOUTH JAN 25, 2021 PLEASE REGISTER HERE.
AMH RESEARCH HUB WEBINAR DEC 10, 2020 10-11:15 COVID-19 IN MENTAL HEALTH AND SUBSTANCE USE: KEY FINDINGS FROM THE CIHR’S KNOWLEDGE SYNTHESIS GRANT RECIPIENTS PLEASE REGISTER HERE.
WEBINAR: REVISITING AND REFLECTING ON THE NCCDH’S KNOWLEDGE TRANSLATION APPROACHES. VIEW THE RECORDING
HEALTH CANADA PROFESSIONAL LEARNING RESOURCE ON CARING FOR PATIENTS WITH SUBSTANCE USE: BEVEL UP
AHS LEARNING EVENTS
AHS LEARNING OPPORTUNITY – ODT VIRTUAL HEALTH LEARNING SESSION POSTER
OPIOID USE DISORDER (OUD)/OPIOID AGONIST THERAPY (OAT) PLAYLIST
ALBERTA OPIOID DEPENDENCY TREATMENT (ODT) VIRTUAL TRAINING PROGRAM
ODT VIRTUAL HEALTH LEARNING SESSIONS (LIVESTREAM)
Apr 23 2019; June 4, 2019; Aug 26, 2019; Jan 13, 2020
FEATURED EVENTS: GUIDELINES AND MATERIALS
- Canada’s Chief Public Health Officer, Dr. Theresa Tam, has released her latest report on the State of Public Health in Canada 2019, Addressing Stigma: Towards a More Inclusive Health System
- The Mental Health Commission of Canada released a report on Cannabis and Mental Health
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors’ Mental Health (CCSMH) releases first-ever National Clinical Guidelines on Substance Use Disorders among Older Canadians. Access the guidelines here
- CRISM releases guidelines on Injectable Opioid Agonist Treatment
- Read the new CADTH report on treatment of opioid addiction here and visit their website for more information
- Health Canada Professional Learning Resource On Caring for Patients with Substance Use: Bevel Up
- Lower Risk Cannabis Use Guidelines – NEW RESOURCES AVAILABLE
- Looking for information on Cannabis or Opioids? Check out our new pages and fact sheets.
- The Addiction Foundation of Manitoba has released a new website about cannabis: Weeding out the Facts.ca
- CRISM releases Management of opioid use disorders: A national clinical practice guideline
- AHS Announces Practice Standards for Addiction Counselors
- CCSA: Summary of Provincial and Territorial Cannabis Regulations
- Alberta College of Family Physicians Resources: Opioid Response in Your Practice
- Tools for Practice – ACFP evidence summaries
- AHS Implementing-Evidence-Based-Practices Guide
Apr 30, 2019; June 10, 2019; July 18, 2019; Sept 23, 2019; Feb 3, 2020
FEATURED EVENTS: RESEARCH FOCUS
- Now Open – CRISM/AHS Partnership Program. Find out more here!
- The report from the first project has been releases. Access the infographic and report about Methamphetamines here.
- New Publications from CRISM members…Visit our NEW publications page
- The OPTIMA trial has closed recruitment at our Calgary site. Thank you to all who participated!!
- Research Resources in the Prairie Node:
May 6, 2019; June 17, 2019; Oct 7, 2019; Feb 18, 2019
FEATURED EVENTS: REPORTS
Addressing child and youth addiction and mental health in school settings
PolicyWise for Children and Families and the Addiction & Mental Health Strategic Clinical Network™
|This report discusses how school settings provide an effective way of reaching a large number of students, and the roles of education and health in providing a continuum of addiction and mental health (AMH) supports for children and youth in Alberta…
Fostering healthy mental, emotional, and behavioral development in children and youth: A national agenda
National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine (United States)
|This report focuses on measures to promote mental, emotional and behavioral (MEB) development and health, and prevent MEB disorders. MEB disorders often emerge in childhood or adolescence, and commonly include anxiety, behaviour disorders, depression, and substance disorders…
NEW – The CRISM project Engaging with People with Lived/Living Expertise of Substance Use has released a report and infographic. Access them here!
NEW – THE MENTAL HEALTH COMMISSION OF CANADA RELEASES A REPORT ON CANNABIS AND MENTAL HEALTH
NEW – AHS INFORMATION ABOUT CANNABIS EDIBLES
NEW – LEARN MORE ABOUT THE USE OF AMPHETAMINES IN ALBERTA
NEW – CSUCH-Canadian-Substance-Use-Costs-Harms-Provincial-Territorial-Report-2018-en
Alberta – Mental Health Services Protection Act – NEW LEGISLATION TABLED
Alberta’s Opioid Crisis Response
Alberta Health Minister’s Opioid Emergency Response Commission Reports
Information about Alberta’s approach to Cannabis Legalization
Cannabis Legalization in Canada: Implications for Public Health in Alberta – Public Forum Videos now available
WRHA Annual Report 2018
SHA Annual Report 2018
May 13, 2019; June 24, 2019; Nov 10, 2019; Mar 2, 2020
FEATURED EVENTS: Community ACTIVISM
- AAWEAR: Alberta Addicts Who Educate and Advocate Responsibly
- AIDS Saskatoon
- AMSISE: Access to Medically Supervised Injection Sites Edmonton
- Bissell Centre Edmonton
- Boyle Street Community Services Edmonton
- CUPS Calgary
- MHRN: Manitoba Harm Reduction Network
- MSTH: Moms Stop The Harm
- New Hampshire Safe Station Program
- REACH: Edmonton’s Council for Safe Communities
- Say KNOW.org
- Safeworks Calgary
- Streetworks Edmonton